Dstillery: Senior Data Scientist
Seeking a Senior Data Scientist to contribute innovative ideas to enhance or develop products using new or existing data streams, prototype ideas, run experiments, and iterate in order to design data driven solutions to business problems.
Dstillery is a New York-based tech pioneer that utilizes sophisticated data science to help advertisers realize the potential opportunities arising with the growth of digital media in all its forms. Data Science is at the core of our offerings, and as a result all members of our Data Science team have the opportunity to have a large impact on our company and the industry.
- As a team and as a company, we are large enough that there is plenty of support and collaboration, but small enough that your work and ideas can have real impact.
- We have huge, rich, and thoughtfully managed collection of data to play with, and a solid infrastructure in which to use it.
- We participate in the intellectual community by publishing papers and attending conferences, but our first priorities are building innovative data products and producing actionable insights.
- Our team has expertise from a range of fields and is looking for someone to contribute another unique approach towards using data to solve problems in a collaborative environment.
- Contribute innovative ideas to enhance or develop products using new or existing data streams.
- Prototype ideas, run experiments, and iterate in order to design data driven solutions to business problems.
- Independently drive the direction of your own projects, reaching out to others within the team and in other teams when needed.
- Present and promote results to internal stakeholders and external clients and partners.
- Support and improve existing data science products.
- Pursue patents where applicable.
- Contribute to thought leadership in the community with presentations and publications.
- Provide thought leadership within the team by helping to mentor and collaborate with junior team members and peers on the team.
- Ph.D. (preferred) or M.S. plus strong professional experience in Machine Learning, Statistics, Operations Research or a related field.
- Professional experience working with data to develop innovative products in a business context.
- Expertise in statistical modeling, machine learning, and optimization, and fluency in the related technical tools (Python or R preferred).
- Programming skills (we primarily use Python and Java).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A track record in contributing to publications, presentations, external collaborations and service to the research community is a plus.