R2: DevOps for Data Science
Seeking a DevOps for data science to join the research and development team. The right person will find him or herself in an exciting and challenging environment, at the interface of quantitative science, software engineering and industrial processes.
Who should apply?
R2 is seeking a DevOps for data science to join the research and development team. Since we are a small team, the scope of what you can do for us is dependent on your own initiative. We are looking for individuals with the curiosity to derive new insights from data and the drive to deliver that insight into something that can help our clients to transform their actual practice in the industry.
The right person will find him or herself in an exciting and challenging environment, at the interface of quantitative science, software engineering and industrial processes. He/she will play an integral role in developing our software platform. Responsibilities will include managing data, extending the functionality of the software platform and building models to be deployed in our clients’ environment.
What are some examples of your responsibilities?
- Maintain and scale R2 Analytics Platform
- Find and integrate suitable data mining and modeling techniques to build predictive diagnostic and key performance indicator optimization for our industry
- Refining our existing solutions, propose the best answers possible
- Work in close collaboration with the data scientist team to deploy and configure the analytics platform
About the company
Who is R2?
Founded in 1989 and located in the Old Montreal, R2 has devoted its information technology know-how and industrial electrochemical expertise to develop and deploy unique solutions to the chlor-alkali industries. R2’s hardware and software platform awarded by more than a dozen patents is actually monitoring over 40,000 electrolysis equipment in 20 different countries.
What does R2 do?
R2 offers EMOS®, a product unique in its ability to characterize and evaluate the performance of single cells for an electrolyzer and provide early detection of potentially harmful events. R2 has also developed a platform to process modeling and predictive diagnosis based on state-of-the-art machine learning and data mining techniques. R2 offers a unique Analysis Service to deploy a preventive maintenance strategy in the electrolysis cell room.
Desired skills and experience
Qualified candidates should be/have
- MSc or PhD in the desired field or 2+ experiences as DevpOps, data scientist, quantitative analyst or a software engineer.
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using machine learning, data mining, descriptive statistics and optimization techniques.
- Experience in manipulating and analyzing complex, medium-volume, medium-dimensionality data from varying sources.
- Familiar with the concepts of server/client architecture, brockers, nosql DBs, medium data visualization and programming in Python.
- Analysis and Technical report drafting in English and French.
- An interest in tackling and finding solutions to our industry and business by investigating the state-of-the-art in current research literature and proposing new algorithms.
Top Stories Past 30 Days