Altria: Applied Statistician, Regulatory Affairs
Seeking a Consumer and Marketplace Insights Applied Statistician to support Regulatory Affairs and FDA Engagement, to provide high quality market research by leveraging best in class techniques, and support the exploration and development of innovative and cutting edge tools.
Imagine your next position as an Applied Statistician for a Fortune 200 Company with a rich tradition of success, built on a foundation of iconic brands, and state-of-the-art research and manufacturing facilities. At the Altria family of companies, we’re not content with just maintaining the status quo. We’re determined to leverage our resources toward true innovation; product innovation, process simplification, new ways of thinking and doing.
We have created an atmosphere where we are committed to personal development and achieving your career goals. This is your opportunity to unleash your potential, be a part of a passionate, committed, highly effective team and work on leading-edge products in a rapidly evolving space.
We are currently looking for a Consumer and Marketplace Insights Applied Statistician to support Regulatory Affairs and FDA Engagement at our headquarters in Richmond, VA.
The Consumer and Marketplace Insight department’s role is to provide high quality market research to the Altria family of companies by leveraging best in class techniques and supports the exploration and development of innovative and cutting edge tools. We are currently seeking an experienced advanced analytics researcher to join our department in Richmond, VA.
The selected candidate will be a critical resource in supporting our Regulatory Affairs and FDA engagement initiatives. Responsibilities will include oversight of consumer tracking, management and analysis of internal research (such as consumer perceptions and harm reduction platforms), advanced analysis of external databases (such as NHIS, BRFSS, PATH and NSDUH) and the reporting and presentation of highly technical analyses.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT ALTRIA:
- Apply statistical expertise to address complex regulatory requirements for FDA submissions.
- Manage the design and execution of consumer tracking and research studies.
- Support the development and evaluation of technical research protocols, statistical analysis plans and advanced analytic techniques to meet regulatory requirements.
- Identify and critically assess emerging tobacco-related research and methods to apply in a regulatory environment.
- Perform exploratory statistical analysis of data for conference presentations and/or manuscript submissions.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- An advanced degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Quantitative Methods, Operations Research or related field. PhD preferred.
- Demographic and/or behavioral science modeling background and experience preferred.
- Understanding of the tobacco category and regulatory environment preferred.
- 8 to 10 years of relevant work experience (Background in CPG a plus).
- Expertise in statistical software for data analysis (SAS preferred).
- Strong advanced analytical capabilities such as regression analysis, agent based modeling and data mining including CART/CHAID.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a deadline-oriented department within a rapidly evolving regulatory environment
- Work in a collaborative manner in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with the ability to lead the reporting of complex and technical analyses.
The Altria Family of Companies includes Philip Morris USA, US Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton, Nu Mark and more. Our mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products. Our core brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black and Mild and MarkTen. Altria Client Services’ role is to provide high quality services to the Altria family of companies. We are committed to true innovation, process simplification, diversity and inclusion, and rewarding our employees with strong benefits.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary with annual incentive compensation target
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees, spouses or domestic partners and eligible dependents
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan that includes options for personal contributions and company match as well as additional company contributions
- A minimum of 3 weeks of vacation, 14 paid holidays and vacation purchase option
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.
To apply, please visit cantbeattheexperience.com and locate req ID 16985BR, or access this direct link: