Freeletics: Data Scientist
Seeking a Data Scientist to design experiments, test hypotheses and build models to support the continuous development of the algorithms team.
Location: Munich, Germany
Position: Data Scientist
This job is closed.
Freeletics' vision is to help everyone become the greatest version of themselves. We believe each individual is free to choose their path towards greatness. That’s why we build products that offer the most important elements for individuals to unleash their physical and mental potential. Freeletics promotes and increases physical fitness, strives for improved mental strength, willpower and confidence - all vital components for shaping one's lifestyle according to individual desires and goals. Founded in June 2013, Freeletics is represented in over 160 countries fueled by a truly passionate community of Free Athletes.
Bodyweight. Running. Gym. Nutrition. Wear. We are Freeletics.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A DATA SCIENTIST (M/F)
At Freeletics, we are building the most intelligent coach AI on the market. As a Data Scientist you design experiments, test hypotheses and build models to support the continuous development of the algorithms team. You hold advanced analytical skills and think in hypotheses? You like to work with large data sets and want to shape the future of coaching AI? Apply now!
Are you hungry to take on a big challenge? Then apply now!
- Study, design and report on controllable metrics
- Write clean, modular code to drive the algorithms team’s infrastructure for hypothesis testing
- Provide on-going tracking and monitoring of performance on decision systems and statistical methods
- Integrating and preparing large, varied datasets
- Accumulate test results and visualize them in a presentable, professional and actionable manner
- Collaborate closely with the team of data scientists and backend developers
- Master degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field
- 2 years+ experience with general-purpose programming language - preferably Python and databases - preferably PostgreSQL
- Experience with the basic principles of distributed computing and/or distributed databases
- Proven experience in designing experiments and statistical hypothesis testing from an algorithmic point of view
- Experience manipulating large datasets and using databases
- Experience in relevant quantitative and qualitative research and analytics
- You can explain significance of data in a way that can be easily understood by others
- Team player who enjoys working in a collaborative, agile environment
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communication skills, other languages are a plus
WHY WORK AT FREELETICS?
- High impact, high responsibility, high degree of freedom
- A team of smart and extremely motivated co-workers
- No walls, no limits, no bureaucracy, just unlimited potential
- The opportunity to play a crucial role and be part of something big
- Social activities (food, drinks, events), training space and team Freeletics training
- Attractive compensation
SOME STATS ABOUT US
- Founded in mid-2013
- >110 employees
- 14,000,000+ members
- Global reach with 160+ countries