Apple: Software Engineer – Local Search
Seeking strong developers with a passion towards relevance and end-user experience, to be contributing towards monitoring/modeling/improving local search for Siri, Spotlight, Safari and other end points for users interacting with Apple Maps.
Location: Cupertino, CA
Position: Software Engineer - Local Search
This job is closed.
Would you like to be part of a team that impacts millions of users every single day? Does finding patterns in data and building highly scalable data-driven systems to solve real-world problems excite you? Does designing and improving Local Search on Siri, Spotlight, Safari and an abundance of other Maps applications appeal to you? If yes, we invite you to join our mission in building and redefining Apple’s Local Search. Apple is critically invested in the success of its mobile ecosystem. Maps and Local Search is a core asset that is at the crux of this ecosystem. Our team operates at the intersection of building highly scalable applications, analytics to understand user behavior and big data machine learning to improve our end-user experience.
- Strong programming and debugging skills in: Java or C/C++ or Python or equivalent
- Experience in distributed computing, search and related technologies
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark, Kafka
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - working independently and/or in small teams
- Practical knowledge and experience in disciplines of information retrieval, machine learning or natural language processing - e.g., text mining, information extraction, clustering, feature engineering, ranking models and search relevance.
Maps Local Search is looking for strong developers with a passion towards relevance and end-user experience. You will be contributing towards monitoring/modeling/improving local search for Siri, Spotlight, Safari and other end points for users interacting with Apple Maps. You will be tackling a variety of big data challenges in query understanding, information retrieval and information extraction - building core machine learning models and algorithms to improve search relevance and user experience.
Job Responsibilities Include (not limited to):
- Apply knowledge of data mining, information retrieval and machine learning to develop key iOS and OS X features focused on local search experience.
- Design and develop tools, processes and analytics for backend data-extraction pipelines - along with performing hands-on analyses to answer hard hypotheses/questions.
- Responsible for design, development and maintenance of core search components within our Search stack which serves millions of customers worldwide.
- Collaborate with various teams (e.g., infrastructure, quality, data) to develop exciting features and contribute towards our mission of best search experience to our end-users.
- Own and conduct A/B tests for exploring various ideas and perform data analysis to infer insights from experiments to help ship features.
- BS/MS/PhD in CS/Software Engineering/Electrical/Mathematics or equivalent.
- Preferred Requirements, but not a must have:
- Experience/knowledge of large scale machine learning applied to very large and diverse datasets
- Experience shipping products, especially integrating data-driven models in an existing framework
- Experience and passion for search relevance and related technologies
Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Top Stories Past 30 Days