Turner: Advisor Analytics Architect
Seeking a candidate who leverages knowledge of the organization's information, application, and infrastructure environment as well as the current technology landscape to work with Operations Research and Data Scientists and other team members to design and implement a holistic and optimized analytics platform.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Position: Advisor Analytics Architect
This job has been filled.
*Note: Relocation Available*
About Turner / Our Story
Turner owns and operates some of the leading cable television networks and related properties in the world, including CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Turner Classic Movies, Adult Swim, truTV and Turner Sports, reaching an impressively broad domestic and international audience. We are not just about TV! Turner manages digital sports, including bleacherreport.com, NBA.com, NCAA.com, PGA.com and our newest – E LEAGUE.
See more of what we are about at www.turner.com
What part will you play?
The Advisor Analytics Architect leverages knowledge of the organization's information, application, and infrastructure environment as well as the current technology landscape to work with Operations Research and Data Scientists and other team members to design and implement a holistic and optimized analytics platform. Advisor, Analytics Architect is responsible for selecting appropriate technologies from the many open source, commercial on-premises, and cloud-based offerings available. They leverage their advanced understanding of data, business requirements, and familiarity with data science techniques to develop and support a wide range of solutions from ad-hoc analysis to large-scale analytics platforms and integrations with enterprise systems.
What will you be doing?
- Understanding business requirements and goals to identify information needs and propose solutions
- Partnering with other groups in the origination and external vendors to identify, consume, and provide useful data
- Leveraging existing tools or developing new tools for ingesting, cleaning, and merging data
- Development of data workflow systems that automate data preparation for use by statistical models
- Development of automated systems that combine data flow and statistical/optimization model processing
- Provide Operations Research and Data Scientists data in a useful format
- Performing ad-hoc or automated analysis of statistical model performance
- Working with IT to integrate data/model solutions with business applications
- Development of business intelligence visualization and tools to support business processes
- Development of API and system integration code
- Development of data visualizations and interactive business intelligence tools
- Development of complex automated systems
What do we need from you?
- More than 5 years of experience working with database platforms, data modeling, and advanced query techniques
- Demonstrated experience developing advanced data ETL solutions
- Experience with complex systems development, workflow, and automation
- Experience with NoSQL platforms and data
- Advanced Excel, and working with text file data (CSV, XML, Json, etc.)
- Experience with major cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) and understanding of big data platforms such as HDFS, Spark, etc.
- Understanding of HTML, HTTP, SSL and REST API development
- Experience with Windows Server and Linux/Unix Server management
- Understanding of statistical modeling concepts and techniques such as linear regression, decision trees, etc.
- Experience with reporting and visualization platforms such as Tableau, PowerPivot, PowerView, QlikView, etc.
- Experience with platforms such as UNIX, Windows, or other operating systems.
- Advanced skills working with multiple data platforms
- Experience with major cloud providers and platforms
- Advanced data modeling techniques
- Advanced ETL and query techniques
- Ability to work with analytics software such as R or Python
- Ability to understand the organization's business models, understand goals and requirements, and anticipate needs
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2015 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.