Live.xyz: Senior Data Scientist
Seeking a Senior Data Scientist to work with the API, Content, and Product teams to translate Live’s locations, events, social, and user data into business value.
Location: New York, NY
Position: Senior Data Scientist
Live is an early-stage mobile startup that’s mapping out the world, street by street and moment by moment, bringing every neighborhood to life with detailed information about what's happening now and what's about to happen. By keeping this information fresh and available, Live enables us to discover new experiences, find the ones we are looking for, and connect with the world around us on a deeper level. A living, breathing city deserves a living, breathing map.
A Senior Data Scientist at Live will work with the API, Content, and Product teams to translate Live’s locations, events, social, and user data into business value. Working primarily independently and in small groups, she/he will translate content needs and analytical requests into production-ready data pipelines, using a combination of machine learning, statistics, and standard signals processing techniques. His/her primary goals will be to provide visibility into the data for management as well as to reduce the manual effort required to keep the Live datasets accurate and up-to-date.
- PhD in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or other Quantitative Field (or MS + 3 yrs. relevant work experience)
- Proficiency in Python, preferably Python 2.7
- Experience with Apache Spark (Pyspark)
- Experience with common machine learning tools and libraries (Scikit-learn, Spark ML, Keras, TensorFlow etc.)
- Experience developing both supervised and unsupervised machine learning solutions to a variety of business problems
- Strong work ethic
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, diverse, evolving startup environment
- Strong communications skills
Top Stories Past 30 Days