Rocket Software: Data Scientist II
Seeking a Data Scientist II to be responsible for implementing a new, innovative and highly collaborative cross-functional analytics program, by leveraging, extending and introducing new organizational capabilities and technology assets.
Company: Rocket Software
Location: Austin, TX
Position: Data Scientist II
Rocket Software is building a next generation experience for database and system administration founded on a simple idea: offer our users a substantially more efficient, intelligence augmented and value-added way to accomplish their tasks. As an integral part of a new Advanced Analytics team, you will be responsible for implementing a new, innovative and highly collaborative cross-functional analytics program, by leveraging, extending and introducing new organizational capabilities and technology assets. You will have opportunity to experience working in fast-paced team with ample opportunities to shine.
The ideal candidate is a creative and passionate problem-solver who thinks big, acts quickly, and is motivated to develop new approaches to optimizing operational efficiencies using quantitative techniques, machine learning methods, and cutting-edge technology. We are looking for someone with strong experience solving difficult IT and system optimization problems.
What You'll Be Doing?
- Engage broadly with the end-users to frame, structure and prioritize operational efficiency problems where analytic projects or tools can have the biggest impact for the end-user's efficiency.
- Help the senior data scientist perform large-scale statistical research, analysis, and modeling in the areas of machine data (activity records, interaction graphs, performance data, etc.), optimizations, forecasting, and anomaly detection.
- Work closely with a team of machine learning engineers to deploy and maintain models in production environments
- Implement optimization algorithms, working with cross-functional teams to develop and deploy models as needed
What You'll Bring?
- Experience working with SQL and NOSQL data sources
- Experience working with Spark, Hadoop
- Fluent with experimental design
- Fluency with statistical and machine learning algorithms such as decision trees, neural networks, collaborative filtering, clustering, survival analysis, graph theory, etc.
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, CNTK, Caffe (preferred)
- Experience with time series analysis and forecasts
- Knowledge of visualization tools such as d3.js
- Strong scripting skills in bash and at least one analytic programming language (python or R)
- Excellent writing and verbal communication
- Willingness to push boundaries and be uncomfortable
Top Stories Past 30 Days