Discover Financial Services: Manager, Decision Analytics
Seeking an analytics professional with work experience in Banking, Financial or Insurance area in developing and evaluating business rules and strategies using advanced statistical techniques.
Company: Discover Financial Services
Location: Riverwoods, IL
Position: Manager, Decision Analytics
Discover. A more rewarding way to work. At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth. Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other.
Discover is seeking an analytics professional with work experience in Banking, Financial or Insurance area in developing and evaluating business rules and strategies using advanced statistical techniques. The Fraud Analytics group analyzes vast amounts of account and transactional data to develop and improve processes, models, and rules to manage fraud losses while balancing customer experience. These efforts are constantly monitored and adjusted, and combined with advanced analytics in order to address continuously changing fraud behaviors domestically and internationally. The position will entail the following:
- Take ownership of fraud prevention strategies and manage fraud losses in assigned area of responsibility.
- Design strategies and processes to improve current fraud detection and reduce fraud risk to P&L.
- Work with colleagues to implement rules in our production systems and monitor their performance over time.
- Provide support on ad-hoc analytical & strategic projects that aim to enhance the capabilities of the larger group.
- Create relevant monitoring and reporting for rules/models/processes in production.
- Prepare and present analytic results and new strategic processes in professional and informative way to management.
- Work closely with Headquarter and operations staff to conceive, research, and test new fraud detection rules.
- Work with customer service engagement team (Digital & Phone), Marketing and operations to deliver superior customer experience
- Lead and train junior analysts
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and practices.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field or relevant experience.
- Candidate must have 3+ years of relevant industry experience, especially credit/charge/debit card fraud detection.
- Work experience in the payments industry or other types of financial institutions.
- 2+ years’ experience using SAS, SQL, Teradata, Python, R and advanced Excel
- Ability to build, test, and validate hypotheses that support strategic plans.
- Strong presentation and communication skills – will interact with and present to various business groups including Fraud Analytics and overall business unit senior leadership team.
- Creative and analytical thinking.
#LI-RD1 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.