General Mills: Sr. Associate, Strategic Revenue Management
Seeking a candidate for a Strategic Revenue Management role, someone who is passionate about Revenue Management / Pricing and energized by working at the intersection of marketing, sales, finance, analysis, and insight.
Company: General Mills
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Position: Sr. Associate, Strategic Revenue Management
Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.6 billion during fiscal 2016.
We seek out the best talent, provide them with rich development resources, support, and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who are leaders, innovators, and want to be part of a company that serves the world by making food people love.
At General Mills, we seek out the best talent, provide them with rich development resources, support, and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who are leaders, innovators, and want to be part of a company that serves the world by making food people love.
This Strategic Revenue Management role is for someone who is passionate about Revenue Management / Pricing and energized by working at the intersection of marketing, sales, finance, analysis, and insight. You will be hands on, action oriented, and accountable as we build out a best in class global Revenue Management capability that helps drives the performance of General Mills now and into the future.
- Responsible for driving Strategic Revenue Management (SRM) work for General Mills – partner to build pricing strategies and tactics for North America business (26 categories and 1000s of SKUs). Key lever for driving sales, margin and profit
- Assess complex pricing/promo models, mix analyses, consumer/competitive analytics, and translate into strategies, tactics, and execution plans.
- Conduct analysis, use existing and new tools, surface insights, draw conclusions, make recommendations, and drive to consensus and action
- Lead thinking and partner deeply across functions to drive results: SRM team, Operating Units/Brand Marketing, Consumer Insights, Finance, Trade Marketing, Category Management, and Sales
- Provide pricing expertise – use multiple techniques, tools, and data sources to develop and analyze potential price/SRM moves.
- Recommend optimal merchandising levels, depth, frequency, recommended consumer price points and gaps, price pack architecture, and more
- Leverage strong analytic skills – evaluate price structures and trade spend, use historical performance and predictive models to explain current and model future business performance due to Revenue Management and price changes
- Capture learnings from actions and build into next gen strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or quantitative field, advanced degree (Masters +) preferred
- 3+ years experience in Revenue Management, or sales and marketing strategy and analytics, preferably in consumer package goods and/or retail
- Natural curiosity, ability to operate in white space, comfort with quantitative and strategic problems, strong analytical skills, business acumen, understanding of market dynamics
- Able to take objective perspective on consumer behavior and competitive landscape to help lead thinking and outcomes
- Previous Revenue Management experience ideal – with CPG experience highly valued
- Strong candidate will have both consumer pricing and trade analytics expertise
- Experience with sales and/or marketing analytics also valuable
- Comfort pulling, using, and analyzing multiple data sources, e.g. syndicated data (Nielsen / IRI / SPINS), household panel data, shopper card data, marketing mix studies etc.
- Contribute to thought leadership in Revenue Management
- Drive new thinking and solutions to business challenges
- Understand financial impact of strategies and tactics and partner with Finance to develop Return on Net Sales, Margin, Profit implications