Apple: Data Science Engineer
Apple's Analytic Insight Team is seeking a customer-oriented, passionate and driven Data Science Engineer with experience in building big data systems. Must be able to lead the design and the implementation of a big data analytics system.
Location: Austin, TX
Position: Data Science Engineer
This job is closed.
Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. If you love innovation, here's your chance to make a career of it. You'll work hard. But the job comes with more than a few perks.
Apple’s Analytic Insight team is responsible for mitigating fraud, waste and abuse company-wide. AI Data Science Engineering is building an environment to enable cutting-edge data analysis over Petabytes of data. We work side-by-side with data scientists and implement scalable, easy-to-use systems and tools.
We are seeking a customer-oriented, passionate and driven Data Science Engineer with experience in building big data systems. Must be able to lead the design and the implementation of a big data analytics system.
- Mastery of one of C++, Python, Java, Scala or equivalent language
- Experience with Relational databases and NoSQL databases
- Hands on experience with Hadoop, Spark, Hive/Pig, HBase
- Solid understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Strong ability to evaluate and apply new technologies in a short time
- Experience in building data science or data analysis tools a plus
- Machine learning background a plus
- Familiar with Agile software development process, Test-Driven development and Continuous Integration a plus
You will lead the design and implementation of systems and tools to support the fraud prevention efforts of Analytic Insight. The job will include:
- Working with infrastructure teams to design and implement the Big Data data warehouse and analytics platform
- Design and implement proof-of-concept solutions for new technologies and machine learning algorithms
- Develop new tools, capabilities and infrastructure to improve how data scientists conduct data analysis and model research
The candidate is expected to be self-motivated, pro-active and solution-oriented individual.
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field plus 7-10 years experience, or equivalent.
Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Top Stories Past 30 Days