Teradata: Senior Analytic Engineer – Data Sciences
Seeking a candidate to work in collaboration with other members of engineering to design and implement highly parallel functions that span Mathematical Statistics, Numerical Analysis, Statistical Pattern Recognition, Time Series, Machine Learning, Game Theory, and Deep Learning.
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Position: Senior Analytic Engineer-Data Sciences
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata is all about empowering high-impact business outcomes to unleash the potential of great companies.
As a member of the analytics team, the candidate will work in collaboration with other members of engineering to design and implement Aster’s highly parallel functions that span Mathematical Statistics, Numerical Analysis, Statistical Pattern Recognition, Time Series, Machine Learning, Game Theory, and Deep Learning. Teradata functions are enterprise quality functions that can process massive data at linear scalability and high performance.
We encourage our scientists and engineers to participate in developing key intellectual property (IP) for Teradata by writing patents, publishing in international conferences and journals, and attending conferences.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Research, Prototype, Design and implementation of highly scalable parallel advanced analytics and machine learning algorithms, running on Aster’s MPP platform, using its Java and C function APIs.
- Collaborate closely with platform, Quality Assurance and UI engineering for end to end design and implementation of the analytic functions and features
- Evaluate, investigate, and optimize the performance of the analytic functions for various input configurations
- Drive the development and support of key analytic features and functions throughout its life cycle, from conception to support and enhancement
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternative algorithms and technologies and presenting them for architectural review
- Mastery in Java, C++, and Python
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Experience with numerical analysis programming
- Ability to design and implement complex analytics and machine learning algorithms, and in particular linearly scalable parallel algorithms
- Ability and passion to iteratively assess, tune and improve the quality to make highly competitive products
- PhD degree in computer science/mathematics/statistics/physics/engineering/Economics preferred (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience in Hadoop, Spark, TensorFlow, and related technologies a plus
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|