Apple: Data Scientist – Apple Media Products, Evaluation and A/B Testing
Seeking a talented Data Scientist to join the Apple Media Products Evaluation Team, to define, track, validate, and report relevance metrics and recommendation algorithms, to communicate quality, help prioritize projects, and improve algorithms.
Location: Cupertino, CA
Position: Data Scientist
This job is closed.
We focus on the algorithmic evaluation of everything from search and recommendations to music similarity and literary analysis. Our group works directly with the engineering teams responsible for ranking, recommendation and other algorithms and tackles every type of problem in statistics, including design of experiments, A/B testing, machine learning, importance sampling, hierarchical bayesian models for spelling and synonyms, etc.
- Design and execution of online A/B tests
- Solid experience with data analysis in R, S+, or Matlab
- Experience with MySQL or other DB
- Strong background in A/B testing
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Experience with at least one scripting language (preferably Python)
- Ability to draw conclusions from data and recommend actions
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
We are looking for a talented Data Scientist to join the Apple Media Products Evaluation Team at Apple. We are looking for someone who can write code, not an engineer who knows a little bit of Stats. Define, track, validate, and report relevance metrics for iTunes and App Store Search, recommendation algorithms, and interact with engineering teams and executives across the company to communicate quality, help prioritize projects, and improve algorithms.
MS or PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields.
- Experience with large data sets.
- Experience with A/B tests.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms.
- Familiarity with non-relational data frameworks (aka NoSQL, eg. Hive).
- Experience with moving algorithms into map-reduce, based on Hadoop, preferably in Java.
- Familiarity with software development cycle.
Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Top Stories Past 30 Days