Cox Communications: Senior Data Engineer, Advanced Analytics
Seeking a Senior Data Engineer, Advanced Analytics. The Consumer Analytics group in Marketing is looking for talented people who are incredibly passionate about data and have a proven track record of transforming raw data into business insight.
Company: Cox Communications
Location: Atlanta, GA
Position: Senior Data Engineer, Advanced Analytics
Cox Communications, Inc. is seeking a Senior Data Engineer, Advanced Analytics. The Consumer Analytics group in Marketing is looking for talented people who are incredibly passionate about data and have a proven track record of transforming raw data into business insight.
We are looking for a rock star Data Engineer to create awesome data sets to feed our machine learning/predictive modeling algorithms. Your primary role is to be the co-designer, builder and keeper of analytical data assets needed for advanced analytics. We believe that the key to great analytics is getting our data in order. So this role will be critical to the success of the team.
This is a great opportunity to be part of an advanced analytics team that does leading-edge work at Cox.
This position is located in Atlanta, GA.
- Design and build analytical data sets used for predictive modeling
- Build and automate datasets used for strategic analysis and reporting
- Create and maintain scripts to automate data set creation
- Support ad hoc analysis
- Participate in data discovery process for new data sources
- Partner with IT to transition select processes to enterprise automation
- Work closely with team members to collaborate on data needs, feature engineering and data cleansing.
- Prepare documents for internal team communication – data dictionaries, process maps etc.
- 8+ years work experience in analytics in a competitive industry with similar responsibilities; 5 or more years of experience if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- Strong data preparation and management skills
- Proficiency in SAS or SQL, scripting
- Must possess an internal client service orientation
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent
- Master’s degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent
- Experience using Hadoop or other big data platforms
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Top Stories Past 30 Days