AIA Group: Data Scientist
Leverage AI, ML, Deep Learning, NLP to improve insurance processes and business model benefiting both internal and external stakeholders, creating the next generation insurance platform.
Company: AIA Group
Location: Hong Kong, China
Position: Data Scientist
- The Data Scientist will be part of the AI Group that is tasked to shape AIA’s Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) agenda. In this key role, s/he will be responsible for driving a journey to leverage AI, ML, Deep Learning (DL), Natural Language Processing (NLP) to better insurance processes and business model benefitting both internal and external stakeholders, creating the next generation insurance platform.
- Play a key role in the success of integrating ML/AI concepts into the business and provide hands-on development of AI/ML solutions to create a measurable impact on cost reduction and/or revenue.
- Champion the launch and implementation of Proof of Concept projects and subsequently industrialize the successful concepts across the 18 Pan-Asian markets that make up the AIA Group
- Engage business leaders to discuss the business benefits that ML and AI can provide. Evangelize ML and AI throughout AIA and in the market
- Identify opportunities to leverage ML and AI technology with Group and Business Units key stakeholders
- Create and manage use cases to apply ML and AI concepts
- Develop AI and ML models and algorithms to solve business problems
- Work with AI/ML/NLP vendors, where appropriate, to transfer knowledge and expertise of the solutions developed by the vendors back to AIA
- Document best practices and solution frameworks. Replicate and scale solutions to markets with common/similar business needs
- Identify and build strategic alliance with influencing and respected partners within the ML & AI community to enrich the internal understanding of this emerging technology
- To be successful in this role, the candidate will have a ‘start-up’ mentality and must be able to work within fast moving, ‘hands-on’, results orientated environments. S/he will have a ‘can do’ attitude and be passionate about building and developing new ideas.
- Master’s or Ph.D. in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or related quantitative field
- 10+ years’ experience in AI, Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics methodology
- 5-10 years’ experience in implementing and validating big data algorithms and models
- Fluency in analytical tools such as R, SAS, Matlab
- Mastery of programming languages such as SQL, C/C++/Java and scripting languages like Perl/Python
- Experience with deep learning tools such as TensorFlow, Caffe, CNTK, Torch
- Experience working with Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure
- Familiar with Hadoop/Spark/Flink or similar big data frameworks
- Track record of success applying ML and AI concepts to business opportunities and/or problems
- Proven ability to explain the value of ML and AI to business leaders
- Proven experience driving large-scale technology initiatives across complex, global organizations
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, including presentation, influencing and negotiation
- Project Management Experience preferably with Change Leadership experience as well.
- Track record of success leveraging relationships and leadership skills to get things done through matrixed teams
- Ability to pick up insurance concepts quickly
- Fluent in English and one or more Asian languages a plus
- Additional expertise in any of the following would be highly beneficial:
- OCR, NLP, Image Classification, Object Detection/Recognition or Image Retrieval, Semantic Search
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter and salary expectations to EDGE@aia.com quoting “Data Scientist”