AIA Group: Natural Language Processing (NLP) Engineer
Responsible for leveraging ML and Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques to build solutions to better insurance processes and business model benefiting both internal and external stakeholders and creating the next generation insurance platform.
Company: AIA Group
Location: Hong Kong, China
Position: Natural Language Processing (NLP) Engineer
- The NLP Engineer will be part of the AI Group that is tasked to shape AIA’s Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) agenda. In this key role, s/he will be responsible for leveraging ML and Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques to build solutions to better insurance processes and business model benefitting both internal and external stakeholders, creating the next generation insurance platform.
- Play a key role in the developing solutions such as ChatBots and Virtual Assistants using NLP and ML technologies to create a measurable impact on cost reduction and/or revenue.
- Champion the launch and implementation of Proof of Concept projects and subsequently industrialize the successful concepts across the 18 Pan-Asian markets that make up the AIA Group
- Engage business leaders to discuss the business benefits that ML and AI can provide. Evangelize ML and AI throughout AIA and in the market
- Identify opportunities to leverage NLP technology with Group and Business Units key stakeholders
- Develop in-house ChatBots and/or Virtual Assistants using various bot frameworks. Work with Data Scientists and related IT teams to integrate solutions into existing processes and platforms
- Work with AI/ML/NLP vendors, where appropriate, to transfer knowledge and expertise of the solutions developed by the vendors back to AIA
- Document best practices and solution frameworks. Replicate and scale solutions to markets with common/similar business needs
- To be successful in this role, the candidate will have a ‘start-up’ mentality and must be able to work within fast moving, ‘hands-on’, results orientated environments. S/he will have a ‘can do’ attitude and be passionate about building and developing new ideas.
- Master’s or Ph.D. in Computer Science, AI/Machine Learning, Computational linguistics or related quantitative field
- Experience building Speech/NLP solutions and large scale language model training and deployment
- Hands on experience building and deploying AI-powered ChatBots and Virtual Assistants using tools such as Microsoft or IBM Watson Bot Framework. Experience in applying NLP in insurance and in Asian languages a big plus
- Experience in NLTK, OpenNLP, Stanford CoreNLP
- Familiar with Amazon Alexa or Microsoft Cortana services
- Mastery of programming languages such as SQL, C/C++/Java and scripting languages like Perl/Python
- Experience working with Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure
- Familiar with Hadoop/Spark/Flink or similar big data frameworks
- Proven experience driving large-scale technology initiatives across complex, global organizations
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, including presentation, influencing and negotiation
- Project Management Experience preferably with Change Leadership experience as well.
- Track record of success leveraging relationships and leadership skills to get things done through matrixed teams
- Ability to pick up insurance concepts quickly
- Fluent in English and one or more Asian languages a plus
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter and salary expectations to EDGE@aia.com quoting "NLP Engineer"