zulily: Machine Learning Engineer
Seeking a a Machine Learning Engineer to build and scale our machine learning and experimentation platforms and incorporate new features to drive model predictions.
Location: Seattle, WA
Position: Machine Learning Engineer
zulily is an online retailer obsessed with bringing our customers something special every day. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites from top brands, including clothing, home decor, accessories, toys and gifts, giving customers something new to discover each morning at an incredible price. We are fast-paced, innovative, data- and metric-driven.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you build and scale our machine learning and experimentation platforms and incorporate new features to drive model predictions. This is your opportunity to make a big impact – ranging from delivering a personalized customer experience to optimizing advertising spend to improving merchandising efficiencies. You work on cross-functional initiatives, such as service and container platforms, machine learning platforms, data security, distributed memory services, service monitoring, real-time experimentation, data transformations, and much more. Your services scale to support high volumes of traffic at low latency and high availability.
- Build scalable machine learning services and data platforms
- Use ML algorithms, incorporate features and build models to improve performance on key business metrics
- Run experiments on live traffic to measure model effectiveness
- Work under tight time constraints and respond to rapidly evolving requirements
- 3+ years of software development experience building and operating high traffic web services and platforms
- Familiarity with frameworks such as MLlib, H2O, TensorFlow, Theano, Caffe, scikit-learn, Torch
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, Pig, MapReduce technologies
- Ability to explore new ideas and have a passion to make them happen
Top Stories Past 30 Days