Clear Capital: Chief Data Scientist/Advanced Analytics Director
Seeking a Chief Data Scientist/Advanced Analytics Director who is a business minded data scientist with capitalism built into their DNA, a a technology polyglot, fluent in R and SQL + (Java, Python, Scala, NoSQL, etc), who imagines a data model that is widely accepted and highly profitable in our industry and beyond.
Company: Clear Capital
Location: Reno, NV
Position: Chief Data Scientist/Advanced Analytics Director
Are you new to the Reno/Tahoe area or considering relocation? This is a place where you don’t have to forfeit your quality of life for incredible job opportunities. Beyond just a bustling downtown, eclectic restaurant scene, and abundant outdoor activities, Reno also boasts a thriving tech market, short commute times and affordable housing. Surrounded by 15 ski resorts, more than 50 golf courses and dozens of hiking trails, fishing holes, and mountain drives, Reno is well worth a look. The city’s outdoor activities, arts scene and young entrepreneurial spirit in the area make a strong case for why Reno is a Top 100 Best Place to Live. For those looking to party, Reno’s nightlife is hard to beat with a downtown full of nightclubs, bars and art galleries. But there are plenty of family-friendly things to do as well
Clear Capital is navigating new territory in real estate, data delivery, analytics, financial technology and customer care. To put it simply, we are revolutionizing the housing market with smarter tech and data savvy tools bringing objectivity to a subjective process. If your daily conversations hinge on Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, it’s safe to say that we speak the same language.
Our Data Analytics and Engineering team is leading a major transformation - creating innovative data and software products to change the lives of our customers. Our critical work not only supports our clients but also the millions of people who apply for home loans every day in search of their dream home. In short, we offer all the spirit and excitement of a startup, backed by a solid track record and financial results from one of the most respected names in the industry.
- You are a business minded data scientist with capitalism built into your DNA.
- You are a technology polyglot, fluent in R and SQL + (Java, Python, Scala, NoSQL, etc).
- You imagine a data model that is widely accepted and highly profitable in our industry and beyond.
- You see yourself as an agent of change with the ability to shift those old ways of thinking into thoughts of what could be.
- You’re an innovator and a builder.
- Your personality is highly engaging and exciting to those we do business with.
- You inspire those that work for and with you.
- You’re a mentor and a leader, not a manager.
- You inspire those that work for you to produce their best work.
- Industry disruption and transformation is a noble cause you want be a part of.
- You need to ship profitable product, not just build models of what could be.
- Your passion and intelligence amplify teams and executives to think bigger.
- Your customer polish and public relations persona sets you apart from the pack.
- You will lead our Analytics vision and product engineering internally while also being the thought leader to the outside world.
- Work with business team members (Product, Operations, and Engineering) to prioritize advanced analytic deployments.
- Train and provide oversight and procedures for modeler / statistical team members on key projects.
- Evaluate all models and provide authorization of design, outcomes, and recommendations on implementation & validation steps.
- Develop vision for data / analytics architecture and workflow across the company.
- Lead efforts to develop scalable, innovative approaches to extracting, managing, and analyzing data from customers.
- Create road map for implementation of data and analytics strategy, including infrastructure design and development of data models.
- Establish data policies, standards, organization and enforcement of data governance.
- Develop innovative approaches to linking internal systems with external data.
- Build out and develop the Data Engineering & Analytics team while directing the team to drive implementation of new data.
- Report to executives on progress of data strategy
- Development and enhancement of products, which offer market level and property level insight.
- Design and implementation of efficiency making tools internally for Clear Capital (many of these tools have become valuable revenue generators as stand alone products, purchased by our customers, and our competitors).
- Public Relations.
- Further improving our brand through publicly disseminating what we are observing in the market(s).
YOUR SKILLS & EDUCATION
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Math, Statistics, Business, Computer Science or other relevant field; PhDs are welcomed to apply
- 5-10+ years of relevant experience in data / analytics Strong project leadership and management skills required
- Expertise in one or more of the following: modeling / mathematics, data mining, and /or machine learning
- Experience should include work with technology like SQL, Hadoop, and R
- Solid understanding of database design and structure
- Data security and privacy
- Algorithms for data integration / capture
- Machine learning, evolutionary computing, neural networks, iterative/online learning
- Statistics (Regression, Clustering, Decision trees, Exploratory Data Analysis methodology, Bayesian statistics)
- Simulation, scenario analysis, modeling
- Entrepreneurial experience (starting a company, running innovation teams within companies) strongly preferred
- A natural instinct for innovation and pragmatic 'out-of-the-box' thinking
At Clear Capital, we have an underlying philosophy that guides our efforts: Go wherever it leads, and do whatever it takes to help clients find their optimal solution. This philosophy guides how we create and deliver products, and how we interact with our clients, vendors and each other. We offer an exciting fast-paced work environment, challenging and rewarding careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. Relocation assistance is available.
Clear Capital is a rapidly growing, privately-held company located near Lake Tahoe in the mountain resort town of Truckee, Calif. Cultivating the highest levels of customer ethics, we serve as a trusted partner for customers across the mortgage and lending industries. We use the most progressive technologies available and human, hands-on analytics to deliver highly accurate and reliable tools, including Broker Price Opinions (BPOs), Appraisals, and Value Reconciliations. This unique combination of customer ethics and progressive technology makes Clear Capital the ideal choice for people seeking a high trust and high tech work environment.
Salary commensurate with experience
Clear Capital is an equal opportunity employer