West Coast University: Director of Predictive Analytics
Seeking a Director of Predictive Analytics, to collate, report on, and provide interpretation of university metrics (i.e., retention, placement, graduation rates, student learning, room utilization, bad debt reserves, etc.) for administrative decision making and strategic planning.
At: West Coast University
Location: Irvine, CA
Position: Director of Predictive Analytics
The Director of Predictive Analytics collates, reports on, and provides interpretation of university metrics (i.e., retention, placement, graduation rates, student learning, room utilization, bad debt reserves, etc.) for administrative decision making and strategic planning. Conducts research to determine best approach to collect required data. Supervises the collection, analysis, and preservation of data for use by the Organization. Provides data analysis, interpretation, and preparation of reports. Provides information and analytic support to the Organization’s administrative decision makers in order to facilitate strategic planning, policy-making, resource allocations, enrollment projections, and programmatic improvements.
- Master's degree (doctorate preferred) in social or behavioral sciences, statistics, or a closely related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience navigating relational databases and writing/verifying custom SQL queries; experience with SPSS Modeler, R, Java Script, Python, Oracle and Tableau or comparable software.
- Design and write codes and algorithms to train, test and validate basic and complex predictive models using R, Python or SPSS Modeler.
- Design, facilitate, deploy and publish a validated operational, interactive and actionable analytical solutions to the end user and front line staff using Tableau Data visualization and Business Intelligence software
- Query, extract and mine necessary large data from Oracle CVUE database, CRM, IR&A Data Warehouse, College Board, IPEDS, National Student Clearing House, Common Dataset, and other utilities and sources.
- Demonstrated professional experience and working knowledge of quantitative, modeling and data analysis skills.
- Demonstrated professional experience and working knowledge of longitudinal and relational database and database query tools.
- The position requires a minimum of 5 years progressively responsible professional full-time experience in higher education Institutional Research or Data Science or Analytical Studies.
- Ability to develop metrics, measurements, templates and tools for continual improvement tracking and monitoring of key indicators for areas of responsibility that facilitate the process of research.
Top Stories Past 30 Days