Zurich Insurance Group: Statistician/Predictive modeller
Seeking a Statistician/Predictive modeller, to be part of a growing and exciting Predictive Analytics Team with UKGI Underwriting, which is responsible for delivering predictive modelling, statistical services and solutions across the business.
Company: Zurich Insurance Group
Location: Fareham, UK
Position: Statistician/Predictive modeller
Who we are
Zurich is one of the worldâ€™s leading insurance groups, and one of the few to operate on a global basis. Our mission is to help our customers understand and protect themselves from risk. With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries, we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. We help individuals, small and medium sized companies and global corporations around the world understand and protect themselves from risk by offering a wide range of insurance products, solutions and advisory services.
In the role of the Statistician/Predictive modeller you will be part of a growing and exciting Predictive Analytics Team with UKGI Underwriting, which is responsible for delivering predictive modelling, statistical services and solutions across the business.
Your job will comprise claim cost modelling, geographical modelling, demand modelling, as well as providing R&D services to test and implement new data sources and statistical techniques that can drive and improve our performance.
You will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact on business success and by using predictive modelling, bring the right solutions to the whole organisation.
- Support the analytical development of UKGI Underwriting teams through data gathering, analysis and modelling under the direction of a more senior statistician.
- Demonstrate increasing knowledge of statistical techniques and procedures, including trend analysis, profiling and predictive modelling, to be able to provide first class service to external and internal customers.
- Provide regular insight and analysis, using multiple data sources.
- Work closely with the data team to steer the development of the analytical capability
- Support project teams.
- Contribute to a positive and supportive team culture.
- More senior members of the team to report on work undertaken.
- More senior members of the team to manage day to day priorities and agree process/procedure changes
- Collaboration across Underwriting, Pricing, Claims, Data, Compliance and Consumer Services to support customer focus and business results
Your skills and experience:
- Interest in solving numerical problems
- Strong degree or MSc/PhD in a numerical subject - other subjects will also be considered
- Some experience in applying statistical models and predictive analytical techniques
- Knowledge of at least one of the following statistical and data manipulation packages (SQL, SAS, R, Python, Emblem)
- Professional manner
- Curious and innovative with data
- Keen on trying and testing new techniques /ways of doing things
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Able to cope with change
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Previous experience of the insurance/financial industry is desirable but not essential
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
As an equal opportunities employer, Zurich celebrates the diversity of our people and we welcome applications from everyone.
Primary Location : United Kingdom-England-Fareham
Schedule : Full-time
Travel : Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Posting : 05/31/17
Unposting Date : Ongoing