Forge.ai: ML Engineer/Data Scientist
Seeking engineers with a passion for technology and a thirst for solving unique and hard problems. Forge is solving one of hardest challenges in AI - how to capture and transform the world’s unstructured information.
Location: Cambridge, MA
Position: ML Engineer/Data Scientist
Forge.AI is seeking engineers with a passion for technology and a thirst for solving unique and hard problems. Forge is solving one of hardest challenges in AI - how to capture and transform the world’s unstructured information (also known as dark data) into codified, machine event streams that are specifically designed for consumption by a company’s modeling, decision-making environment(s) and AI infrastructure.
We are looking for extraordinary software engineers who understand multiple components across the big data stack and possess a deep interest in, and experience with, the emerging artificial intelligence and intelligent machine ecosystem. They also have a passion for unstructured data, modeling, instrumentation, data quality, large-scale data processing, statistics, machine learning and visualization.
Ideal candidates thrive at the intersection of data science and software engineering and are motivated by the opportunity to create ground breaking technologies that will impact machine intelligence and how businesses use and consume data. They welcome the camaraderie and opportunity intrinsic to being part of a passionate and dedicated team. They are energized by seeing their contributions turned into real product and seeing that product become critical to, the world’s most notable organizations.
If this sounds like you and you are driven, focused on results, a self-starter, a quick learner, team oriented and intensely curious - this role is for you. This position is in our Cambridge, MA office.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, modeling, data mining, and the presentation of data to demonstrate how Forge’s event streams open new possibilities for modeling various information spaces
- Develop data pipelines with automated, machine-learning systems that convert noisy core datasets into powerful signals that can power various ML ecosystems
- Develop best practices for data collection and experimentation, and communicate those to product engineering teams
- Create new algorithms to mine Forge’s data streams to inform, influence, support, and execute data analysis
- Mine massive amounts of data, extract useful insights and build visualizations that can help drive decision making across various vertical product stacks
- Explore new technologies, innovative instrumentation and data collection to develop unique data sources and utilize them
- A broad understanding of different machine learning techniques
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- The ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
- Experience moving developed models into a production environment
- Experience with hierarchical classification techniques would be helpful
- Experience with TensorFlow would be helpful
Important Personal Attributes:
- You are curious about science and technology
- Challenging yourself is an intrinsic part of who you are
- Team matters
- Sharing and debating ideas to get to the right answer is important to you
- You seek to act and don’t wait to be told
- You like to teach those around you
- You are serious about your work but also believe that laughter and levity are important
- You work hard and you also have passions outside of work that enrich your life
- Winning is important to you, but so is how you win
Contact us to learn more about this role.