Accenture: Data Science Consultant
Seeking a Data Science Consultant to strategically handle the massive amounts of information our clients collect today so that it may become their most valuable new asset, and to gain actionable insights from that data is critical to produce tangible results.
Location: London, UK
Position: Data Science Consultant
The digital revolution is changing everything. It’s everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital you’ll create it, own it, and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise, and insight clients depend on.
Accenture Digital is powered by three practices –Mobility, Interactive, and Analytics. As part of our Analytics practice, you’ll deliver analytically-informed, issue-based solutions that help clients make faster, smarter decisions. You’ll play a critical role in helping them tackle complex business issues.
In the right hands (yours!) and handled strategically, the massive amounts of information our clients collect today can become their most valuable new asset. And the ability to gain actionable insights from that data is critical to produce tangible results. If you are passionate about helping clients make faster, smarter decisions to tackle their most complex business issues, we want to meet you.
There will never be a typical day at Accenture Analytics, but that’s why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are unlimited in the ever-changing digital landscape. Here are just a few of your day-to-day responsibilities.
Management scientists need to have both a deep understanding of the business problems faced by our clients, as well as an expert grounding in the analytical techniques that will be used to address them.
- Strong understanding of data and data mining techniques - Clean, aggregate and interpret data in preparation for analysis
- Use advance analytics and technology and advantage of data driven analytical techniques to come up with new solutions
- Support the delivery of client work with analytical modelling and the development of new client opportunities
- Devise reusable assets and solutions for trending and client business problems.
- Support clients who seek to develop their predictive capabilities in the context of a broad range of business functions.
- Establish the approach to be used by data scientists to address a client business problem
- Support and consult on complex analyses and support the develop business cases in conjunction with industry and/or opportunity analyses
- Develop and interpret statistical models and output
- Coaching and managing a group a analysts during a development exercise
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Technical Science, Computer Science (or equivalent) or Engineering
- Good level of programming experience in at least one item from each;
- R, SAS, Mathematica, MATLAB, Sagemath, Python, Java, Scala, perl, ruby, etc
- Bash scripting including sed, awk, cut, uniq, sort, tr
- Experience of Machine Learning and Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Mahout, Pig, Hive, etc.
- Experience in Plotting Graphics (Scatterplots/matrix plots, Line graphs/bar charts, etc.)
- Experience in Data Analysis
- Advanced Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, or other data-heavy research science with experience in the following highly desired:
- Linear Algebra
- Graph theory
- Network analysis
- Markov chains/hidden Markov models
- Classification and regression techniques
- Matrix factorization/singular value decomposition
Expertise with the following software:
- Other machine learning libraries
- Pig and UDFs
- Hive and UDFs
- Build tools: ant, maven
- Cloud storage and computation such as AWS's EC2 and EMR
- Advanced/specialized plotting techniques
Previous experience with:
- Built recommenders or large-scale computation of metrics (similarity, cohort containment, etc.
- Designed and measured performance of predictive model
- Automation of work
- Web services
Our commitment to you
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement.
- You’ll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Accenture serves many of the FTSE 100 on high-profile projects.
- Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company.
- Access to leading-edge technology.
What’s in it for you?
All of our Digital professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at http://www.accenture.com/.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.