Jefferies: Sr Data Scientist
Seeking a hands-on-data scientist with deep experience in Statistical and Machine Learning to help us build and integrate data-driven intelligent solution into our business processes.
Location: New York City, NY
Position: Senior Data Scientist
Jefferies, a global investment bank and securities firm, has served companies and their investors for nearly 50 years. Headquartered in New York City, with offices in more than 25 cities around the world, Jefferies provides clients with capital markets and financial advisory services, institutional brokerage, securities research and asset management. The firm is a leading provider of trade execution in equity, high yield, convertible and international securities for institutional investors and high net worth individuals.
CRM & Analytics Team Overview:
The CRM & Analytics team is a highly strategic and cross-functional team responsible for leading the firm’s global digitalization effort. This initiative, spanning all client-facing business units and corporate functions, will drive innovation and strategic change through technology, data science, and deep analytics. The team partners with key business leaders and industry experts to build transformational technology to drive revenue, maximize efficiency, and optimize the allocation of resources. The CRM & Analytics team is at the forefront of Jefferies’ cloud initiative, leveraging best-in-class cloud-based technologies to replace legacy on-premises solutions to provide intelligent trend insights, actionable opportunities, decision support, and transparency into all client and business-related activities.
We are looking for a hands-on-data scientist with deep experience in Statistical and Machine Learning to help us build and integrate data-driven intelligent solution into our business processes. This role will involve a close collaboration with our team of passionate and innovative data specialists, application developers and product managers.
This is a unique opportunity to be a member of our Corporate CRM and Analytics Team, tackling our toughest and most exiting data science challenges across multiple divisions in Jefferies.
- Masters or Ph.D. in mathematics, statistics, computer science, Physics, Engineering, or other relevant technical Fields
- Expert knowledge of Machine Learning and Statistical Modeling
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in building Machine Learning and Statistical Models from idea generation to objectives formulation to implementation and deliverables
- Proficient in R or Python
- Fluency in SQL
- Problem Solver and able to tell business story using data
- Strong Team Player with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exposure to Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark or other Big Data Platforms
- Familiarity with building and deploying machine learning models on AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Practical knowledge in NLP and text mining using R or Python
- Financial Services industry experience
To Apply: www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/376873363