Sentiance: Sr Data Engineer
Seeking Sr. Data Engineers who can combine a DevOps mentality with distributed computing experience in order to develop, optimize and deploy reactive data-processing pipelines into production.
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Position: Sr Data Engineer
At Sentiance, we turn sensor data into rich insights about people’s behavior and real-time context. These insights enable companies to understand how customers go through their everyday lives, discover and anticipate the moments that matter most, and adapt their engagement to real-world behavior and real-time context.
We are a fast-growing, international team (14 nationalities and counting !). We work hard to get our products to ship, but we also know how to have fun. We strongly value cooperation and openness and we focus on the development and wellbeing of our people.
We’re looking for Sr. Data Engineers who can combine a DevOps mentality with distributed computing experience in order to develop, optimize and deploy reactive data-processing pipelines into production.
You can start immediately in this permanent, full time position. You will work at our offices in Antwerp (Belgium).
You have had at least 5 years of work experience and have a passion for building state-of-the-art innovative computing infrastructures. You will be a part of our Data Engineering Team.
Since we believe in great teamwork, you must be eager to learn and bring an energetic and creative approach to work. We are looking for someone like you if you are convinced that a fast-paced, high growth working environment would fit your skills.
- You will integrate complex human behaviour models into a scalable production platform.
- You will do performance and scalability engineering.
- You will develop software engineering components.
Desired skills and expertise
- You have an academic degree (BSc or MSc) in computer science or related field.
- You have experience programming in Java and Python.
- You know your way around the Linux operating system.
- You have work experience on distributed computation frameworks (Kafka, Spark, Hadoop ecosystem) and NoSQL/SQL databases.
- You have strong notions of and affinity for machine learning and data mining.
- You are fluent in English. Dutch is a plus.
- You can work independently and take matters into your own hands.
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies and successfully implement them is essential.
Proven experience scaling to terabyte-size datasets and managing pipelines to process them is a plus !
For more information, check out our website: http://jobs.sentiance.com/o/senior-data-engineer
To apply, please send your resumé to: email@example.com