Adobe: Sr. Data Science Engineer
Seeking a Senior Data Science Engineer who will be building the next generation of data driven products, and will be involved of all aspects of the optimization and modeling process for Adobe's Marketing Cloud platform.
Location: San Jose, CA
Position: Sr. Data Science Engineer
Adobe is looking for a Senior Data Science Engineer who will be building the next generation of data driven products. As a Senior Data Science Engineer you will be involved of all aspects of the optimization and modeling process for Adobe's Marketing Cloud platform. These include creating and reviewing high-level architectural changes, solving novel optimization and modeling problems, and mentoring others to improve their abilities to do the same. You will be hands-on, which means you will be writing code in python to implement many of these solutions and setting an example for the team in terms of your ability to produce production-quality software.
The display algorithms team manages the machine-learning and optimization internals of Adobe's suite of online advertising products. We are looking for someone with strong experience in writing production-quality object-oriented code, with enough confidence in mathematics to understand the algorithms that need to be implemented. Ideal candidates will have a strong academic background as well as technical skills including knowledge graphs, deep learning, applied statistics, machine learning, data mining, and software development. Familiarity working with large-scale data sets and big data techniques would be a plus.
What you’ll do
- Develop predictive models on large-scale datasets to address various business problems through leveraging advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques.
- Develop and implement scalable and efficient modeling algorithms that can work with large-scale data in production systems
- Collaborate with product management and engineering groups to develop new products and features.
What you need to succeed
- PhD or MS degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Applied Math, Operations Research, Econometrics, or other related fields.
- Deep understanding of knowledge graphs, deep learning, statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining concepts, and a track record of solving problems with these methods.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages such as Python, Java and C
- Familiar with one or more machine learning or statistical modeling tools such as R, Matlab and scikit learn
- Knowledge and experience of working with relational databases and SQL
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability.
- Excellent communication, relationship skills and a strong team player.
- Experience with big data techniques (such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark)
- Knowledge of deep learning, experimental design, ANOVA, statistical inference, and multivariate testing
- Knowledge of numerical or combinatorial optimization
Making our technology accessible to all
We believe everyone should have equal access to technology and its benefits. To help achieve this, Adobe is focused on making software more accessible for everyone. When we hire for engineering, development and design roles, we look for the following accessibility skills:
- Base knowledge of the W3C’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines v2.0
- Exposure to current tools used by people with disabilities (screen readers and other assistive technologies)
- Experience with accessibility evaluation and validation software
- Understanding of input and output modes used by people with disabilities
- Familiarity with compliance requirements - state, Federal, international
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to grow your career, Adobe’s the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences through the Adobe Life magazine.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.