Esri: Data Scientist
Seeking a Data Scientist with excellent conversation and communication skills, passionate about changing the world, literally, through machine learning.
Location: Redlands, CA
Position: Data Scientist
Machine learning is the top focus of almost every technology company--from the Silicon Valley to New York to around the world. What makes this type of technology so powerful? Context. Focusing on the where allows us to make sense of our businesses, lives, and world, whether that's through automating portions of workflows to save companies millions of dollars or predicting life-altering events.
We are looking for talented machine learning engineers to help build industry-leading predictive geospatial solutions for our customers in 160+ countries. We need a data scientist who is an individually driven, passionate professional to help us create machine learning best practices, not only within Esri but also for the broader GIS community. This game-changing opportunity requires someone with strong hands-on, proven experience with statistical analysis, machine learning, predictive analytics, and software engineering.
If you are passionate about changing the world, literally, through machine learning you are in the right place. Where will you leave your mark?
- Excellent conversation and communication skills
- Bachelor's in a relevant quantitative field, such as statistics, operations research, or computer science, depending on position level (master's or PhD preferred)
- Proven understanding of multivariable calculus and linear algebra
- Experience dealing with massive data sets, using big data tools (Hadoop HDFS, MapReduce, Accumulo, Presto, MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, R, Mahout, Pig, and Hive, DC/OS)
- Hands-on experience and expertise with cloud computing services (AWS, Azure, etc.)
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.