HelloFresh: Senior Data Scientist
Seeking a Senior Data Scientist who is excited about turning innovative ideas into powerful data driven products. Working closely with the data scientist and engineers on the team you will help bringing these ideas into reality.
Location: Berlin, Germany
Position: Senior Data Scientist (m/f)
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 5 years we've seen this mission spread beyond our wildest dreams. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of inspired, energised home cooks that expands across the globe. Now we're the fastest growing company in Europe, active and growing in 9 different countries across 3 continents.
Our story started in Berlin. As Europe’s tech hub, and the home of our global headquarters, it’s a dynamic, progressive environment where innovation is nurtured and promoted. Since we started, we’ve worked exceptionally hard and we’ve received almost US$ 300 million in investment which together have allowed us to create an award winning product.
As a member of HelloTech you’ll be exposed to a modern technology stack and a slick cross functional agile team setup. We have developed a refined product and provide scalability on a global level. Join our HelloTech team and help us to build a fresh food global champion!
About the job
HelloFresh Data Science is an interdisciplinary team that designs, implements and maintains state of the art machine learning models to automate and optimize marketing, operations, logistics and customer experience. We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist who is excited about turning innovative ideas into powerful data driven products. Working closely with the data scientist and engineers on the team you will help bringing these ideas into reality and improve the e-commerce experience of millions of customers around the globe.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a hunger for discovering information in massive amounts of data, an attitude towards experimentation and fluency in machine learning techniques and software engineering best practices.
As senior data scientist you will be responsible for
- Translate business problems into quantitative terms and present the results in clear and effective manner through visualization and prototyping
- Collaborate with other data scientists and business stakeholders to discover innovative ways of leveraging vast repositories of user generated data
- Promote a data smart and data aware culture within a large international organization
Who we’re looking for
- MSc in a quantitative science, mathematics or in engineering with an abundance of relevant professional experience. A Ph.D. is a plus
- A wide understanding of the state of the art in machine learning and in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge in at least one of these fields: deep learning, natural language processing, computer vision, reinforcement learning, recommender systems, probabilistic graphical modeling, computational optimization (e.g. linear programming, constraint programming)
- A proven track record of implementing data driven products
- A proven track record of training and mentoring junior team members
- A passion for using and developing open source software and a solid programming background ideally in Python
- Sense of ownership: you take responsibility for your projects and pride in your work
What we offer
- The opportunity to get into one of the most intellectually demanding roles at one of the largest technology companies in Europe
- Cutting edge technology, allowing you to work with state-of-the-art tools and software solutions
- Competitive compensation and plenty of room for personal growth
- Great international exposure and team atmosphere
- Work in a modern, spacious office in the heart of Berlin with excellent transport links and employee perks