Corios: Consulting Manager
Seeking a detail-oriented consultant who enjoys identifying and resolving project issues, making sure the project progresses on schedule and on budget, taking accountability for the project’s success.
Location: Baltimore, MD or Buffalo, NY
Position: Consulting Manager
About Corios LLC
Corios is a leader in the discipline of management analytics consulting. Our team leverages decades of experience in multiple industries to deliver holistic business solutions based in analytical, business management, and technological expertise.
At Corios, we tell the story numbers can't; we believe business decisions are influenced not only by the measurement of behavior, but by synthesizing data-driven insights along with our past experience in order to deliver the most relevant interpretation and client recommendations possible.
Our clients are leading financial services, retail, manufacturing, and energy companies in North America and around the world. Corios helps our clients make important decisions about customer acquisition, lifecycle marketing, pricing, debt recovery, capacity planning, and financial crime detection and prevention. To meet those objectives, we leverage deep expertise in predictive analytics, statistics, econometrics, forecasting, experimental design and mathematical optimization.
About the Consulting Manager Role
Corios is looking to hire a bright, detail-oriented consultant who enjoys identifying and resolving project issues, making sure the project progresses on schedule and on budget, taking accountability for the project’s success.
- Work directly with clients in contract and scope finalization, and development of requirements and specifications.
- Maintain an accurate project plan, adhere to deadlines and communicate weekly project status reports.
- Manage client expectations fully and act as client liaison.
- Assume fiscal responsibility for assigned projects, including managing budget, expense management, timely invoicing, receivables tracking, and monitoring/managing subcontractor expenses.
- Create technical documentation as needed and report on progress of project.
- Plan and coordinate project schedules, goals, and milestones.
- Manage and communicate ongoing changes in tasks, goals, or performance.
- Achieve client satisfaction through successful delivery of defined project scope.
- Build consensus between Corios and client on project execution.
- Build relationships with clients that portray partnership, cooperation, and trust.
- Provide leadership and drive client success while overcoming barriers and satisfying staff, management, and stakeholder commitments.
- Resolve any conflict between the project and other organizational units in a satisfactory manner.
Required Skills, Knowledge, Experience
Qualified candidates should possess the following skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Required to travel between Baltimore, MD and Buffalo, NY 50% of the time.
- Occasional travel to Corios’ home office in Portland, OR.
- Five to ten years of experience as a consultant with significant project management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business management, or related technical or quantitative field.
- Ability to build strong relationships and generate opportunities for repeat business.
- High comfort level communicating directly with clients, and the ability to translate complex concepts into business-ready findings and recommendations.
- Ability to technically analyze project requirements, risks, issues, etc.
- Solid understanding of SDLC.
- Technical background and familiarity with the following skills:
- Data management: reading, writing and transforming flat files and relational databases.
- ETL: extracting from data warehouses, and for creating and tuning analytic data marts.
- SQL programming with Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Teradata, etc.
- Operating systems: Windows, Linux.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, Experience
Leading candidates will possess the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- SAS Enterprise Guide for data construction, exploration, and reporting.
- SAS Platform Administration and Security.
- Design and Build analytical solutions with:
- SAS Stored Processes and SAS BI Web Services
- SAS Customer Intelligence suite for marketing analytics
- SAS Enterprise Miner for predictive model development & deployment
- SAS Data Integration Studio for analytic data mart development
- SAS Forecast Server for high-volume time series forecasting
Corios looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek team members who will contribute to the unique culture that makes Corios such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
This position is based in either Baltimore, MD or Buffalo, NY at client site and from candidate’s home office. Management’s strong preference is for candidates already located in one of these metropolitan areas.
This is a full-time position (45-50 hours/week).
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Corios is a drug-free employer. Candidates are required to pass a drug screen and background screen including a criminal history and reference check.
Corios is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, gender identity, or veteran status. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.