Retina.AI: Sr. Data Engineer
Seeking a Data Engineer to work together with data scientists and client technical contacts to implement scalable and robust data stores and pipelines for analysis.
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Position: Sr. Data Engineer
Retina.AI is disrupting enterprise analytics and business intelligence by killing dashboards. We transform enterprise data into actionable natural language insights for business leaders. Our mission is to empower all businesses to tell their own data story.
We are VC-backed and have recently closed our seed funding. We’re looking for our our first hires, who will be instrumental in shaping the product and success of the company. Our office is located near the beach and third street promenade in beautiful Santa Monica. Our founders have led data science teams at Facebook and Paypal, built, and sold companies, and built the core tech behind several startups.
As a Sr. Data Engineer, you will work together with data scientists and client technical contacts to implement scalable and robust data stores and pipelines for analysis. You must have expertise in multiple big data systems, and bring multiple tools to bear when designing solutions. The perfect candidate will have had experience with enterprise clients, and the workload requirements of data science and machine learning.
- Design, implement, and maintain modern scalable data stores and pipelines
- Support data and platforms for machine learning algorithms in conjunction with Data Scientists
- Implement systems to ensure big data quality and availability
- Analyze client data systems to identify gaps, propose/implement solutions
- Interface with clients for implementation of Retina.AI solutions
- Data ingestion and processing for Retina.AI product
- Support Retina.AI product development
- BS/BA and/or MS or BS/BA in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, or similar technical field
- 4+ years with multi-terabyte (big) data systems
- 4+ years programming (Python preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Experience with multiple RDBMS and Columnar/Graph database technologies at scale
- Experience with cloud technologies (e.g. AWS Redshift, S3, EMR, etc)
- Experience in dimensional data modeling and schema design
- BI and Visualization experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive benefits package (including Healthcare, Dental, Vision)
- Help shape and grow with a tech company from the ground floor
- Life Insurance
- 15 days of PTO per year
- unlimited sick days
- paid holidays
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Free snacks and drinks
- Professional Development
- Performance Bonuses
- Equity Package
- Relocation costs (if applicable)
Retina.AI is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Principal applicants only please. No recruiters.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|