Retina.AI: Sr. Data Scientist
Seeking a Data Scientist to work closely with the clients and our engineering team to build our product that auto generates actionable business insights, and create algorithms that analyze business data at scale for several different kinds of businesses.
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Position: Sr. Data Scientist
Retina.AI is disrupting enterprise analytics and business intelligence by killing dashboards. We transform enterprise data into actionable natural language insights for business leaders. Our mission is to empower all businesses to tell their own data story.
We are VC-backed and have recently closed our seed funding. We’re looking for our our first hires, who will be instrumental in shaping the product and success of the company. Our office is located near the beach and third street promenade in beautiful Santa Monica. Our founders have led data science teams at Facebook and Paypal, built, and sold companies, and built the core tech behind several startups.
As a Data Scientist, you will be working closely with the clients and our engineering team to build our product that auto generates actionable business insights. You will be creating algorithms that analyze business data at scale for several different kinds of businesses. You must have an expertise in end-to-end data analytics processes from ETL to executive level presentations. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have some experience in data-driven decision making. You are focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product. These positions are located in our Santa Monica office right off the Third Street Promenade.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of client data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with both our consumer and business products.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems at scale and identify trends and opportunities for the company
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches.
- Must have expertise in the following analysis areas:
- Business / Performance Forecasting
- Designing and evaluating experiments
- Identifying new levers to help move key metrics
- Monitoring key product metrics
- Evaluating and defining metrics
- Understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Building and analyzing dashboards and reports
- Building key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Understanding ecosystems, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Building models of user behaviors for analysis or to power production systems
- Influencing product teams through presentation of data-based recommendations
- Communicating state of business, experiment results, etc to product teams
- Spreading best practices to analytics and product teams
- 2+ years experience doing quantitative analysis at a top tier tech company
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field from top tier institution (Graduate degrees preferred)
- Experience in SQL.
- Development experience in Python or R
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses with product and leadership teams
- Understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, regressions)
- Experience manipulating data sets through statistical software (ex. R, Pandas) or other methods
- Experience with distributed computing Spark/Hadoop
- Experience with Amazon Redshift and Athena is a plus
- Competitive benefits package (including Healthcare, Dental, Vision)
- Help shape and grow a venture backed tech company from the ground floor
- Life Insurance
- 15 days of PTO per year
- unlimited sick days
- paid holidays
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Free snacks and drinks
- Professional Development
- Performance Bonuses
- Equity Package
- Relocation costs (if applicable)
Retina.AI is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Principal applicants only please. No recruiters.
Top Stories Past 30 Days