Maryville University: Business Data Analytics Faculty
Seeking a Business Data Analytics Faculty to develop and teach primarily online undergraduate and graduate courses in the Business Data Analytics and Information Systems programs primarily focused in one, or more, of the following areas: data analytics, data mining, forecasting and predictive modeling.
At: Maryville University
Location: St. Louis, MO
Position: Business Data Analytics Faculty
Maryville University is accepting applications for a faculty member in Business Data Analytics in the John E. Simon School of Business. Desired start is January 2018. Position will remain open until filled. This position is based on the main campus in west Saint Louis County. Fully remote candidates may also be considered.
The candidate will develop and teach primarily online undergraduate and graduate courses in the Business Data Analytics and Information Systems programs primarily focused in one, or more, of the following areas: data analytics, data mining, forecasting and predictive modeling. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff and students.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Develop and teach assigned courses as specified in the schedule and course contract.
- Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the University’s mission, academic policies and procedures, expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
- Prepare essential learning objectives, lesson plans, and assignments.
- Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, and assignments and deadlines.
- Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered.
- Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class assignments, group projects, etc.
- Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner.
- Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Data Analytics, Data Science, Business, Management Information Systems, Decision Sciences, Statistics, or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Doctorate with at least 15 graduate hours in Data Analytics, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, or Statistics from a regionally accredited institution.
- One or more of the following qualifications:
- Experience with data analytics tools (e.g. SQL Server, R, Python, Microsoft Azure Machine Learning)
- Experience with data analytics, data mining, machine learning, NoSQL databases, and predictive analytics
- Experience in online teaching and online course development
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
- Unofficial graduate transcripts and teaching philosophy must be attached to complete the application process.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
To apply visit: http://jobs.maryville.edu/postings/1867