Jefferies: Data Scientist
Seeking a Data Scientist with deep experience in Statistical and Machine Learning to help us build and integrate data-driven intelligent solution into our business processes.
Location: New York, NY
Position: Data Scientist
Jefferies, the global investment banking firm focused on serving clients for over 50 years, is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. The firm provides a full range of investment banking, sales, trading, research and strategy across the spectrum of equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures and commodities, and also select asset and wealth management strategies, in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Jefferies Group LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Leucadia National Corporation (NYSE: LUK), a diversified holding company.
CRM & Analytics Team Overview:
The CRM & Analytics team is responsible for leading the digitalization of the front-office. This multi-year program involves creating a platform for client facing employees to drive revenue and optimize the allocation of resources by providing intelligent trends, actionable opportunities, and transparency into all client related activities. They are leveraging best in class cloud based technologies, are a cross-functional team and support the firm globally.
We are looking for a hands-on-data scientist with deep experience in Statistical and Machine Learning to help us build and integrate data-driven intelligent solution into our business processes. This role will involve a close collaboration with our team of passionate and innovative data specialists, application developers and product managers.
This is a unique opportunity to be a member of our Corporate CRM and Analytics Team, tackling our toughest and most exiting data science challenges across multiple divisions in Jefferies.
- Masters in mathematics, statistics, computer science, Physics, Engineering, or other relevant technical Fields
- Expert knowledge of Machine Learning and Statistical Modeling
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in building Machine Learning and Statistical Models from idea generation to objectives formulation to implementation and deliverables
- Proficient in R or Python
- Fluency in SQL
- Problem Solver and able to tell business story using data
- Strong Team Player with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exposure to Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark or other Big Data Platforms
- Familiarity with building and deploying machine learning models in AWS
- Practical knowledge in NLP and text mining using R or Python
Top Stories Past 30 Days