USF Data Institute: Postdoc
Seeking recently graduated doctoral students (0-4 years from completing their Ph.D.) from STEM fields who are interested in postdoctoral training and a career in either industry or academia.
Company: USF Data Institute
Location: San Francisco, CA
The Data Institute at the University of San Francisco invites applications for a postdoctoral position starting August 2018. The Data Institute serves to advance multidisciplinary research in data science, meaningfully engage industry and inclusively train the next generation of both academic and industrial data scientists. The Data Institute also supports the graduate and undergraduate analytics and data science programs.
The position is aimed at recently graduated doctoral students (0-4 years from completing their Ph.D.) from STEM fields who are interested in postdoctoral training and a career in either industry or academia. Training and opportunities the postdoc will receive include:
- Dedicated research mentoring from affiliated faculty with specialties in deep learning, natural language processing, databases, statistical modeling, network analysis, algorithms, unsupervised learning, machine learning, optimization, experimental design, health analytics, signal processing and other areas of applied mathematics, statistics, computer science and Data Science.
- Research funding to support travel and dissemination of research.
- Access to the computing resources at USF and the Data Institute.
- Teaching opportunities (no more than 1 course per semester) in his/her area of specialty in undergraduate or graduate data science and analytics courses (including, but not limited to, courses currently offered in the MATH, BSDS and MSAN programs).
- Opportunity to mentor graduate students on industry practicum projects that will expose the fellow to practical data science problems in industry.
- Direct assignment and support by a company partner and industry mentor for an advanced research project in data science from industry.
Candidates should possess an earned doctorate in the appropriate field of study by August 2018. This position may be renewable annually to a maximum of two years and is not a tenure-track position.
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: http://apptrkr.com/1116976