SlashData: Technology Analyst & Author
Seeking a Technology Analyst & Author to support our developer research efforts. The Technology Analyst & Author will be responsible for analysing our Developer Economics survey data to deliver cutting-edge insights and reports on the future of software.
Location: Athens, Greece, or Telecommute (Europe or North America)
Position: Technology Analyst & Author
SlashData is the leading research company in the developer economy: We help the world understand developers and developers understand the world. We survey 30,000+ developers annually - across mobile, IoT, desktop, cloud AR/VR and machine learning - to help clients such as Microsoft, Intel, Google and Amazon understand who developers are, what they buy and where they are going next.
We are now looking for a Technology Analyst & Author to support our developer research efforts. The Technology Analyst & Author will be responsible for analysing our Developer Economics survey data to deliver cutting-edge insights and reports on the future of software.
The position is full time and applicants should be within Europe or for exceptional candidates; North America. You will be working from the Athens office, your home office or co-working space as part of a distributed team.
What you‘ll be doing
- Generating insights from our vast database of developer survey data
- Performing data analysis, research, and write-up for several major reports each year
- Tracking the latest trends on mobile, IoT, cloud, desktop and AR/VR developers as well as Data Scientists
- Helping shape our research agenda and asking developers the right questions
- Supporting the rest of the analyst team to create more than the sum of the parts
What we are looking for
- Deep knowledge of the software lifecycle and tools, having developed software as a hobby or as a job
- Research skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Extensive writing experience, via books, reports, articles or blog posts
- Competent presenter, able to deliver webinars and client presentations
Bonus points for
- Quick-witted with words and a storyteller that can capture readers attention
- A passion for technology, and understanding of how it’s impacting people’s lives
- Data analysis skills, with an eye for captivating visualisations
- Phone interviewing skills to interview a developer, or debrief a vendor
- Ability to translate a vague research brief into a solid methodology
- Ideally with a public voice (e.g. Twitter or blog)
What we offer
- Opportunity to make a difference as part of the leading research company in the developer economy
- Influence the leading decision makers behind the platforms and products that are defining the developer economy
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working environment
- Come to work in a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops, or suit and tie
- Annual training budget to develop your skills and career
- Monthly book allowance from Amazon, on any book you like
- Spotify Premium subscription
- Your laptop of choice + large monitor
- Part of an entrepreneurial company that's raising the bar, and calling the trends of the developer economy
We hate CVs, we love people. Apply here with a video or a short powerpoint presentation introducing yourself and why you want to work for SlashData. Mark it private or unlisted so that it’s only visible to us.