Lehigh University: Data Architect
Seeking an Enterprise Data Architect, to serve as the lead technical resource in the strategic oversight and planning of data models and database structural design and development.
At: Lehigh University
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Position: Data Architect
Lehigh University is seeking an Enterprise Data Architect, to serve as the lead technical resource in the strategic oversight and planning of data models and database structural design and development. The successful candidate will determine the data requirements of a diverse client base and implement solutions as appropriate. The Architect will research, design and execute solutions to address problems and inefficiencies. The Architect will also develop and recommend state of the art structured and unstructured database solutions for the campus. The Architect will work with Lehigh's software and application teams to recommend database structures based on the data storage and retrieval needs throughout the campus. The Architect works with other Enterprise Systems staff, Security Officers and the Business Intelligence team to monitor our various databases addressing database issues and developing recommendations for enhancements. The Architect will provide a clear overview of the institution's data and ensure the University can consolidate multiple data sources to leverage all available data to make operational and strategic decisions. The Architect creates, modifies and installs applications in support of the University's Strategic Reporting and Analytics endeavor. Review of the applications will begin on 1/12/2018.
The base of the salary range is $100,000 which is negotiable based on skills and experience. Please provide salary requirements in your application.
- Bachelor's degree in Applied Mathematics, Business Analytics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science or related fields is required. An advanced degree in any of these areas is a plus.
- Solid experience with Data Warehouse and BI systems; extensive experience in collecting business requirements from customers, and transform the requirements into DB data processes and data schema.
- Knowledge of ERP applications ( eg. Banner, Workday, PeopleSoft etc.) from a functional/technical perspective would be beneficial.
- Experience in Oracle/MySQL database, as well as data modeling, both logical and physical. Experience in multidimensional data modeling, such as star schemas, snowflakes, normalized and de-normalized models, handling “slow-changing” dimensions/attributes.
- Experience in establishing analytic environments required for structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Five to eight years related work experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid writing ability and organizational skills.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/rh7yx6rgyhfxx49s
Top Stories Past 30 Days