EY: AI Scientist
Seeking AI Scientist who will be driving EY into the future and help change the way we do business, enter new markets and serve clients.
The EY Global Innovation Team is a product and business incubator, bringing technology to the core of everything we do at EY. The team runs with the speed, agility, and disruptive power of a start-up, but, unlike most start-ups, is part of one of the largest and most respected companies in the world with unprecedented access to the world’s leading companies.
As part of the EY AI Lab, you will be driving EY into the future and change the way we do business, enter new markets and serve clients. Our work is creating a model for how AI can reinvent large companies by making them more productive and efficient, of course, but also more human and more valuable. The EY AI lab looks at an ever-changing and varied set of uses cases. Through EY’s global network of more than 250,000 professionals, we are taking this model to help our clients solve complex business problems - we are transforming the working world.
Reporting to the Global AI Leader leads AI projects from a technical and project management perspective. May also be responsible for product and business management. These projects go from ideation, through scoping, PoC, MVP and Pilot. Also supports the scaling and deployment of these projects as they transition from Pilot.
- Provides technical leadership in the selection, scoping and execution of AI projects
- Directs the project management of AI projects through Pilot phases
- Oversees the product management of AI products including scoping of the initial solution, development of an MVP and lean product iterations
- Manages the lab’s relationship with the business owners of AI products and pilots; routinely presents proposals and results
- Maintains expert knowledge in state of the art AI approaches
- Actively engages with the EY AI community
- Maintains a good working knowledge of the offerings of major AI vendors
- May manage a small number of AI Scientists
- Writes patents, academic papers and other thought leadership
- Acts independently; may supervise a small number of more junior AI Scientists; consults technical SMRs on most challenging aspects
- Supervises and directs the projects management of one or two AI projects / products including all of the technical members of the team: project manager, AI scientists and engineers
To qualify, candidates must have:
- PhD in a quantitative science: Computer Science, Physics, Math, Statistics, etc.
- Significant expertise in a subfield of AI with deep expertise in that field
- Significant software engineering experience working on complex systems with substantial data or quantitative components
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent and comfortable with undergraduate math: linear algebra, vector calculus, probability
- Some experience managing complex R&D projects and product development
PhD in a quantitative science: Computer Science, Physics, Math, Statistics, or related field
- Minimum of 10year in the market, with relevant AI, NLP, ML design and build experience
- Experience in the lifecycle of enterprise-class software development
- Ernst & Young LLP, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.