Apple: Apple Media Products Commerce Engineering Manager
Seeking a talented, self-motivated, experienced and hands-on Senior Engineering Manager to build out a new engineering team working on the next generation commerce platform.
Location: Cupertino, CA
Position: Apple Media Products Commerce Engineering Manager
Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. If you love innovation, here's your chance to make a career of it. You'll work hard. But the job comes with more than a few perks.
The iTunes Store team is looking for a talented, self-motivated, experienced and hands-on Senior Engineering Manager to build out a new engineering team working on the next generation commerce platform. This team will be responsible for enhancing or adding new functionality for purchasing of digital/physical goods, subscriptions, etc., to maintain or increase the overall revenue growth of App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Music, iCloud storage and 3rd Party developer subscriptions around the world.
- 10+ years of experience in designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable applications and web services in Java
- 5 years in leading/managing/mentoring software engineering teams
- Expertise in Object-oriented design and programming languages like Java, Objective C, C#, C++
- Solid experience working with SQL and large relational databases (Oracle) including data modeling
- Experience in building a commerce platform to handle intricacies of purchasing digital products globally and flexible agile subscriptions platform which supports different products, offers and trials, bundling and promotions
- Experience in complex 3rd party integrations (synchronous to asynchronous design)
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Experience building and using distributed systems, distributed caching, distributed key-value stores
- Extensive experience with high volume transactional systems, and highly scalable deployment infrastructure which operate 24x7
- Experience with operations and production support
- Cassandra/Kafka expertise is especially valuable
- Hadoop experience is a plus
- Experience with data analytics/metrics is helpful
If you like the stimulation and challenges of leading and building a world class scalable commerce platform, this is the opportunity for you at Apple! We strive to provide a seamless purchase and subscription experience for our for millions of customers and developers.
Our current subscriptions products include Apple Music, iCloud storage, and our ever increasing 3rd party app subscriptions (for example Netflix and Hulu). Customer acquisition, engagement, and retention are top priorities. This is a leadership role that is responsible for working with various partners and stakeholders to deliver new functionality to the new Commerce platform.
We are always challenged to bring more revenue for Apple while providing an unparalleled customer experience. You will lead an iTunes Store Commerce Engineering team and work cross-functionally with business development, financial and reporting teams, design, UI, operations, production support, various device/client teams, and various external partners worldwide. You will be challenged to manage, evolve, and invent new features in the ever changing, nimble e-commerce space. Therefore, you must master new technology quickly, be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, have a “can-do” attitude, work well in a cross-functional environment, adapt and collaborate well, and lead from the trenches. Join us in this exciting chapter for growth of the new commerce platform!
BS in Computer Science or equivalent. MS preferred.
Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|