Dow Chemical: Advanced Analytics Data Scientist
Seeking an Advanced Analytics Data Scientist, to drive bottom-line value, enabling Dow’s mission to address the world’s most challenging problems.
Company: Dow Chemical
Location: Midland, MI
Position: Advanced Analytics Data Scientist
As an Advanced Analytics Data Scientist, you will drive bottom-line value, enabling Dow’s mission to address the world’s most challenging problems. You will collaborate with a world-class multidisciplinary team to translate data into profit using analytics to address a wide range of business problems. Your challenges may come from Commercial, tackling pricing or customer insights, or Supply Chain, analyzing and improving cost to serve, or Procurement, where you can ensure Dow acquires material and services optimally, among other opportunities. You will engage with internal customers across the enterprise to ensure analytic solutions meet their needs and drive results.
Data Scientists in the Advanced Analytics group at Dow:
- Listen to business problems and collaborate with subject matter experts to fully understand the domain.
- Translate real business challenges into analytical terms, and use rigorous techniques to solve problems in the areas of commercial, marketing, pricing, supply chain, demand planning and strategy.
- Draw from a broad skill set to create solution methodologies, such as data mining, machine learning, statistics, visualization, optimization, and simulation.
- Work with cross-functional teams to acquire, clean and harmonize data needed, project managers to successfully complete projects, and end-users to ensure results become embedded in business processes.
- Explain results to users in down-to-earth terms, avoiding unnecessary mathematical jargon.
- Use a broad set of tools, such as R, Python, SAS, SQL, Excel, Hadoop, Tableau and others.
- 3-5 years of experience in predictive/prescriptive modeling in the Analytics and Big Data space preferred
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Bachelor degree in a quantitative field (i.e. applied stats)is required, Masters or PhD preferred
For more information or to apply click here
Top Stories Past 30 Days