Fonterra: Data Scientists
Seeking Data Scientists to be part of a cutting-edge community who are passionate and proud of what they do to help propel us forward, deliver innovation and build advanced capabilities.
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Position: Data Scientists
- Ignite your curiosity and passion for data science, machine learning, deep learning, AI and new technologies
- Apply advanced techniques in analytics to a broad range of complex business problems
- Progress your personal learning and development working with a high-performing team, applying cutting-edge analytics and engaging with an analytics driven leadership team and a state of the art technology stack
- Innovate and break new ground for a global market leader
- Work collaboratively from modern and open office spaces in an agile and dynamic fashion
Bringing the goodness of dairy to the world is what drives all of us at Fonterra. We pride ourselves on our can-do attitude, collaborative spirit, richness of difference and shared passion for what we do. With ambitious growth plans to make a difference in the lives of two billion people, we’re united in how we’ll make it happen. We’ll lead in the face of fast-moving trends and evolving consumer behaviour by innovating across our entire Co-operative and using technology to create more value. This will fundamentally change the way in which every decision is made across our business. Our future harnesses data and analytics to empower the delivery of our global strategy.
Joining this team, you’ll work as part of a cutting-edge community who are passionate and proud of what they do to help propel us forward, deliver innovation and build advanced capabilities. Work flexibly and collaboratively in a “hands on” flat environment to solve the most valuable problems, with a deliberate plan for success.
You’ll be working in a growing analytics community alongside other experienced data scientists to collectively solve complex business challenges. Using your advanced statistical, algorithmic and machine learning techniques, you’ll work with cross-functional teams across our business to leverage data to create significant impact. You will be responsible for architecting solutions, experimenting, testing hypotheses, building technically sophisticated models and effectively communicating insights and outcomes.
Some important areas of interest for this team are:
- Predictive modelling in supply, demand and price
- Consumer behaviours and customer insights
- Planning under uncertainty, applied to production, logistics, sales and our supply chain
- Efficiencies in our manufacturing operations
What you’ll bring and develop:
A confident communicator and presenter, you have a knack for explaining complex analytical concepts to people in other areas of the business, and you thrive on developing analysis and models to create value for the business. You bring a curiosity for cutting edge technologies and modelling approaches. Essential to your success is proven experience in applying advanced analytical and statistical methods, ideally from within a commercial environment, to hit the ground running. Other skills, experience and attributes include:
- A post-graduate qualification in the field of Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Applied Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering Science and/or relevant experience
- Strong understanding and ability to explain advanced modelling techniques to business including but not limited to logistic regression, random forests, naives bayes, time-series, neural networks and gradient boosting
- Proficient programming in R and experience in Python, Scala, SQL, Apache Spark is highly regarded
- Experience in certain frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras, Sklearn and Caret viewed favourably
- Excellent problem solving skills, lateral thinking and ability to work under deadline pressure
- Deep understanding of how to build sustainable solutions from data and other inputs through to effective model outputs and performance tracking over time
Be at the forefront of something new, rare and exciting for a global market leader and progress your career in data science across wide-ranging business challenges. Apply now!