Apple: Big Data Engineer
Seeking extraordinary engineers to help take our environment to the next level. You'll have the opportunity to solve challenging big data engineering problems across a broad range of Apple manufacturing services.
Location: Austin, TX
Position: Big Data Engineer
Do you want to be part of a group critical to the success of Apple? Become a member of the team that is responsible for the data collection and analytic system for all of Apple’s hardware products around the world. We build systems that interact with every iPhone, iPad and Mac. We shape the next generation of big data solutions by working on cutting-edge technologies and collaborating with talented teams across Apple. Our systems enable Apple engineering and operations teams to build the next groundbreaking product.
You'll be joining our diverse and talented team to summarize, simplify, and solve complex problems in our global ecosystem. We advance technology by relying on each other's strengths and skills to build something bigger than ourselves. For this reason, team culture is central to our values. Our team values interpersonal skills and integrity as much as technical craft.
We are looking for extraordinary engineers to help take our environment to the next level. If you excel in a rapidly changing environment and work independently while also being an outstanding teammate, we’re looking for you!
- Passionate about Computer Science, Big Data, and learning new technologies
- 3+ Years of experience with Hadoop stack
- 3+ years of experience in language such as Java, C++, Scala or Python
- Experience in designing and developing large scale applications utilizing Big Data technologies
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in an exciting environment
- Must have a good sense of engineering tradeoffs, with an ability to understand the impact of software changes on extendibility, scalability, performance, and maintainability
- DESIRED SKILLS
- Experience with setting up analytic environment like JupyterHub and Jupyter Notebook
As a member of a multi-functional team, you'll have the opportunity to solve challenging big data engineering problems across a broad range of Apple manufacturing services.
- Manage a large-scale, high-availability, rapidly-growing Big Data infrastructure that supports multi-Petabytes of data
- PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR BOTH ANALYTICS AND OPERATIONAL PLATFORMS
- Develop applications to answer complex analytical and real-time operational questions
- Help to design, architect and build the data platform while using a variety of Big Data technologies
- Innovate by exploring, recommending, benchmarking, and implementing data centric platform technologies
- Provide hardware architectural guidance, estimate cluster capacity, and create roadmaps for Hadoop cluster deployment
You will also be working closely with DevOps and other teams in SDS.
- BS or MS in Computer Science preferred, equivalent work experience will be considered.
Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.