JPMorgan: Data Scientist, Payments & Liquidity
Seeking a Data Scientist with modeling expertise and implementation experience to serve as a thought partner to key business leaders and clients to generate hypotheses and insights.
Location: New York, NY
Position: Data Scientist, Payments & Liquidity
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking; financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. www.jpmorganchase.com.
Who we are
Our team is new and rapidly growing. We are change agents inside J.P. Morgan. We are data scientists, design strategists and business leaders set on creating and building data products that transform the way J.P. Morgan and our clients do business – “balancing the art of decision making with science”.
We are building high impact products and solutions that will reach thousands of corporate and institutional banking clients across the globe while modernizing the way JP Morgan does business, moving trillions of dollars a day.
Why join us?
This is a fascinating time, as new technologies, analytics and business models are emerging with the potential to radically transform financial services. You will be at the leading edge inside the company driving change. You will:
- Serve as a thought partner to key business leaders and clients to generate hypotheses and insights. This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, to solve problems never attacked before, and to bring structure and clarity to ambiguous situations using quantitative methods
- Develop models to drive significant business value. We have a deep view of commercial activity around the world, 20% of USD movement globally happens through our walls. What can we learn about this money movement to drive our business forward?
- Work closely with our engineering teams to transform exploratory models into production ready data products that will build intelligence into our pipes.
- Communicate complex analytical approaches simply and visually. Using modern data visualization techniques when relevant. You will be sharing our work on the forefront of change in the organization with clients and senior leaders.
- Work with smart and accomplished teammates who have the experience, talent, skills and personalities to create data products that are developed with people in mind. You will represent a different way of working -human-centered - iterative – collaborating in small multidisciplinary teams.
Who you are
- Modeling expertise – 5+ years experience developing advanced analytical solutions and performing large-scale analysis. Nice to have, practical knowledge of network and graphical modeling to measure and improve value of networks.
- Implementation experience - Experience in implementing analytical solutions using sound software design principles. Work closely with engineering team on model integration with front end applications.
- Cognitive and communication skill – highly articulate, built upon an underlying fundamental clarity of thought. General ability to root out fundamental issues, bring order from chaos, and drive to a clear point of view.
- Education – Masters or PhD in quantitative discipline (statistics, econometrics, operation research, computer science, etc)
Top Stories Past 30 Days