Aspentech: Sr Principal Data Scientist
Seeking a Senior Principal Data Scientist to develop and investigate hypotheses, structure experiments and build mathematical models to understand data patterns and relationships and prescribe actions and options.
Location: Bedford, MA
Position: Senior Principal Data Scientist
“Enabling every process plant to achieve Operations Excellence” is the AspenTech vision. Founded more than 30 years ago by the best and brightest engineers at MIT, we continue to imagine and invent new ways to bring efficiency to the process industry. Today, AspenTech is thriving with our relentless focus on innovation, collaboration, and execution combined with world-class experts who speak more than 10 languages and work in 30 different offices worldwide. This is a place where people are fiercely passionate about technology, a balanced lifestyle, and a desire to make a difference in the process industries.
Our software tackles the most complex process manufacturing challenges, creating value and improving profitability for our customers. The industries that drive our economies and touch our lives are optimized by aspenONE software every day. The world’s leading oil & gas, chemical, engineering & construction, pharmaceutical, food, beverage, and consumer packaged goods companies—including Dow Chemical, ExxonMobil, BASF, Shell, and many others—all rely on AspenTech software to run their business. With integrated aspenONE software, process manufacturers can optimize their engineering, manufacturing, and supply chains. AspenTech customers are better able to achieve operational excellence: increasing capacity and improving margins, reducing costs, and becoming more energy efficient while ensuring safety and shrinking their carbon footprint.
As a member of the data science team, you will develop and investigate hypotheses, structure experiments and build mathematical models to understand data patterns and relationships and prescribe actions and options. We are looking for a sharp, disciplined, and highly quantitative individual who has a passion for playing with data, in all its forms including data mining, mathematical modeling and expert systems. We are building a unique technology platform dedicated to the real-time discovery and manipulation of data; this is your chance to be a critical part of that data research team. More formally, AspenTech is looking for a Senior Principal Data Scientist to join our growing Asset Performance Management team, building the next generation predictive analytics solution for IoT and asset optimization.
- Lead and oversee projects to develop top-quality, scalable, highly reliable, and super-fast globally distributed services based on data analytics.
- Develop new product concepts and implementation, deliver product prototypes.
- Deliver a software stack that scales from on-premises software to deployments in secure environments to large multi-tenant systems.
- Execute product specification, system design, development and system integration.
- Research and design new models by employing your expert mathematical knowledge, hacking skills, familiarity with machine learning libraries
- Design, develop, integrate, test, and deploy company's software.
- Provide technical support to product management, product marketing, services, customer and business support on customer activities.
- Thorough knowledge of SDLC and the ability to adhere to software development standards to release products on time; this includes processes such as issue tracking, source code control, coding conventions.
- Demonstrate and practice excellent project management skills including Agile methodology.
- Some travel (up to 10%) may be required.
- MS in Computer Science or a related major.
- PhD in a highly quantitative area is desired.
- 10+ years of experience in data analysis and software development.
- 4+ years of industrial experience in senior roles within software development teams.
- Top notch programming skills in C++, C#, Python.
- Expert understanding of time series analysis, predictive modeling, machine learning algorithms, data mining.
- Proven development and application of Deep Learning methodologies for real-life problems in medicine, finance, advertising, etc.
- Familiarity with big data and cloud technologies paradigms.
- Thorough understanding of data structures, modern coding standards, RESTful technology.
- Experience with hands-on mentoring and technical leadership of teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- English fluency (written and verbal) required.
To apply to this job please go to https://careers-aspentech.icims.com/jobs/9674/data-scientist-advisor/job
AspenTech is an equal opportunity employer. Visit us at www.aspentech.com.
Top Stories Past 30 Days