Moody’s: Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning Research Scientist / Principal Scientist
Seeking a candidate to become a core member of the Emerging Business Unit (EBU) team, reporting to the Senior Director, ML and AI, Emerging Business Unit, a newly formed, highly visible team that is key to Moody’s Analytics’ (MA) long-term growth strategy.
Location: New York City, NY
Position: Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning Research Scientist / Principal Scientist
The Role / Responsibilities:
The Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning Research Scientist / Principal Scientist is a core member of the Emerging Business Unit (EBU) team, reporting to the Senior Director, ML and AI, Emerging Business Unit. This is a newly formed, highly visible team that is key to Moody’s Analytics’ (MA) long-term growth strategy that will lead our efforts to better understand and adapt to an environment characterized by widespread, technology-driven change. The EBU is charged with supporting innovation within our existing LOBs, developing opportunities in the “whitespace”, enhancing our innovation process and understanding customers’ technology preferences.
The Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning Research Scientist / Principal Scientist will, under close guidance and supervision by the Senior Director, research, design, develop, and implement innovative Machine Learning, AI, deep learning, NLP, Data Science solutions that will advance Moodys Analytics capabilities across multiple business lines. On any day, the candidate could be doing any or all of the following:
- Research emerging ML/ AI/ NLP / deep learning / Data Science solutions applied to unstructured and structured data and be conversant with latest developments in these fields
- Research and brainstorm with internal MA stakeholders to identify innovations in ML/AI/NLP / deep learning to help advance automation, knowledge discovery, decision-making and insights from structured and unstructured data (text, images, speech), and streamline business processes or enable new capabilities,
- Implement and prototype new algorithms and write code for novel ML/AI/NLP / deep learning solutions for unstructured (text, images, speech, video) and structured data in a hands-on role,
- Research and evaluate custom, novel AI/ML solutions through prototyping, POCs and quantitative metrics,
- Work with the Senior Director and the ML-AI team members in developing, evaluating, improving, and handing off solutions to stakeholder teams as needed
- Discuss, brainstorm new AI-ML advanced technology solutions with team members
- Draft reports that detail the inner workings of complex models to non-experts, in layperson terminology.
- Prepare reports, presentations, for internal and external stakeholders, and as applicable, jointly co-author publications in peer-reviewed journals and magazines.
- Assist the AI-ML Senior Director in determining trade-offs between internal technical implementation vs. partnerships with external teams/organizations/vendors for new technology-based solutions and capabilities
- Attend, publish, and present novel research contributions at technical conferences, workshops, and meetups
- Advanced or basic degree (recent PhD from top university / MS with 5+ years experience) in a quantitative field such as CS, EE, Information sciences, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research, or related, with focus on Machine Learning , AI , NLP , deep learning, and/or / data-driven statistical analysis & modelling
- Strong foundational knowledge and applied research experience (in academic, research lab, or industry environment) in developing and applying AI/ML/ NLP / deep learning / data-driven statistical analysis & modelling solutions to problems involving unstructured data (text, images, videos, speech) and structured datasets.
- Strong, proven programming skills in Python, C/C++, Java, R , MATLAB, Scala, and with machine learning and deep learning and Big data frameworks including TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe, MXNet, Spark, Hadoop. Experience with writing complex programs and implementing custom algorithms in these and other environments.
- Experience beyond using open source tools as-is, and writing custom code on top of, or in addition to, existing open source frameworks.
- Proven capability in demonstrating successful advanced research and technology solutions (either prototypes , POCs, well-cited research publications, open-source software contributions, and/or products) using ML/AI/NLP/deep learning / data science in one or more applied or research domains,
- Experience in data visualization solutions and data visualization tools is a plus
- Additional experience with GPU programming for training deep learning models, and cloud environments such as AWS, Azure is desirable
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) to explain complex algorithms, solutions to stakeholders across multiple disciplines, and ability to work in a diverse team
- Experience in an applied R&D environment , working in an agile, innovation-lab culture to bring cutting-edge technologies to fruition, from initial concept to implementation
Top Stories Past 30 Days