Vanguard: Data Science Developer
Seeking a developer to partner with the Center for Analytics and Insights Data Scientists and Data Engineers to operationalize models and deliver insights to the business.
Location: Malvern, PA
Position: Data Science Developer
Email email@example.com or call 704-306-5333.
The Center for Analytics and Insights IT is looking for a developer to partner with the Center for Analytics and Insights Data Scientists and Data Engineers to operationalize models and deliver insights to the business. This exciting opportunity will provide the ideal candidate with the opportunity to learn new languages, gain experience working and developing applications in the cloud and become a valuable member of the Data Science community at Vanguard.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in designing, developing, integrating and running business, big data and/or data science applications
- Understanding of software engineering processes and system development life cycles
- Background in Big Data, Distributed Computing, Analytics
- Experience with Python, R, Scala, Spark, and/or SAS, Java
- Experience building, deploying and scaling applications in AWS or any other cloud environment
- Linux and shell scripting expertise
- Strong problem solving skills and capability to understand and set direction for complex technology integration
- Understanding and focus on business outcomes
- Strong teamwork skills
- Experience with Atlassian or Git Hub
- Knowledge of data engineering and experience with big data
- Knowledge of sql and no-sql databases and scalable data extraction tools (Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Experience developing, testing and deploying microservices
- AWS Certification
- Background in Mathematics or Statistics
Vanguard does not offer Visa sponsorship for this position