Foot Locker: Sr Solutions Architect – Machine Learning and AI Technologies
Seeking a candidate to lead the data driven transformation of Foot Locker in partnership with members of the data, CX and infrastructure teams. This role has end-to-end responsibilities for our ML/AI/Cognitive platform - from design, thru technical specification, to delivery.
At: Foot Locker
Location: Bradenton, FL
Position: Senior Solutions Architect - Machine Learning and AI Technologies
The Sr. Solutions Architect – ML/AI focuses on defining the strategic architecture by understanding the enterprise analytics and translating it into actionable strategies that deliver low latency, highly scalable, cloud based Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. The Sr. Architect leads the data driven transformation of Foot Locker in partnership with members of the data, CX and infrastructure teams. This role has end-to-end responsibilities for our ML/AI/Cognitive platform - from design, thru technical specification, to delivery.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following;
- Articulate the current enterprise architectural vision, conceptualizing and experimenting with alternative architectural approaches and creating models to communicate the strategic direction.
- A technologist that has a hands-on approach to understanding various data integration methods while paving the way for standards across the enterprise.
- Develop architectural standards, workflows and interface specification documents that compliment the architectural vision while enforcing best practices.
- Provides guidance, leadership and expertise to define solution architecture and strategies across various departments throughout the enterprise.
- Work closely with various departments across the enterprise in maintaining architectural standards and in implementing business rules the will support the overall data strategy.
- Be delivery focused. Work with the engineering teams to deliver the strategic architecture and drive it to implementation.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- The Sr. Architect will assist the Director – Digital Analytics by providing support and mentoring to the team in the absence of and in addition to the efforts of Management. By doing so, he/she will also help to foster accountability throughout the team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The successful candidate will have a high degree of motivation, exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to derive answers from communications with multiple parts of the business. This person will also require the ability to work well within a team atmosphere and has the flexibility to help with a variety of the department goals.
Education and/or experience:
- A Master’s Degree or PhD. in a Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research or otherwise research-based field; 5-7 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience designing and building AI/ML/Cognitive analytics platforms in Azure (or equivalent cloud environments).
- Expert knowledge of machine learning algorithms and platforms, neural network
- Experience with Natural Language Processing, emotion detection, computer vision, and speech recognition.
- Knowledge and experience in some of the key AI platform, e.g. IBM Watson, Microsoft Azure, Googly Api.Ai, Facebook Wit.Ai etc.
- Knowledge and experience of key machine learning and deep learning framework, e.g. Tensorflow, Caffe, CNTK etc.
- Experience with Adobe Marketing Cloud technologies – specifically DTM, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Test and Target and Adobe Audience Manager.
- Experience with Web Technologies including Single Page Applications and Edge Computing.
- Expertise in various data integration/ETL tools, application integration, business process and data science tools (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Flume).
- Strong understanding of CICD principles and how they translate into the Azure platform
- Experience with streaming architectures and microservice based ecosystems.
- Strong conceptual, logical and physical architecture design experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with great interpersonal dispositions and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of various DMBS systems including NoSQL architectures and design principles.
- Experience with delivery in agile workflows across multiple geographies.
- The candidate must be able to communicate with others in a simple, clear, and understandable manner. Must also have the ability to read and interpret all forms of communication. The ability to write reports for management and professional correspondence, as well as to speak effectively before peers, management, customers, and other associates of the organization is required.
- The candidate must effectively plan and execute unusual and difficult work. Takes initiative and is decisive and quick, when appropriate. All while adhering to the team’s standards and patterns and practices. Must have the ability to solve practical and impractical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Deals constructively with conflict and disagreement.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.