Foot Locker: Sr Architect – Data Engineering
Seeking a candidate to focus on understanding the enterprise data vision and ensuring that various cross-functional teams are aligning their data initiatives to this overall vision.
At: Foot Locker
Location: Bradenton, FL
Position: Sr Architect - Data Engineering
The Architect – Enterprise Data Management focuses on understanding the enterprise data vision and ensuring that various cross-functional teams are aligning their data initiatives to this overall vision. This translates into an enterprise data strategy that the Architect – Enterprise Data Management owns and implements. Additionally, the role has responsibility for the enterprise data model and the key elements associated with it including quality, security, privacy, and data life cycle management.
The essential duties include;
- Articulate the current enterprise architectural data vision, conceptualizing and experimenting with alternative architectural approaches and creating models to communicate the strategic direction.
- A technologist that has a hands-on approach to understanding various data integration methods
- Data Modeling (Organizing data at a macro and micro level), Database design (SQL, NoSQL).
- Provides leadership & guidance on how to structure and where to store data to meet analytical & business needs
- Sets standards for data management.
- Provides guidance, leadership and expertise to define solution architecture and strategies across various departments throughout the enterprise.
- Work closely with various departments across the enterprise in maintaining architectural standards and in implementing business rules the will support the overall data strategy.
The Architect - Enterprise Data will assist the Director - Data Platform & Engineering by providing support and mentoring to the team in the absence of and in addition to the efforts of Management. By doing so, he/she will also help to foster accountability throughout the team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The successful candidate will have a high degree of motivation, exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to derive answers from communications with multiple parts of the business. This person will also require the ability to work well within a team atmosphere and has the flexibility to help with a variety of the department goals.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Requires a BS or equivalent experience (MS preferred) in a technical / engineering degree program.
- Requires 6 or more years of database development work with experience in Data Warehousing and BI reporting environment.
- Strong understanding of retail data management systems
- Experience in various data integration/ETL tools, application integration, business process and data science tools (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Flume)
- Strong conceptual, logical and physical architecture design experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with great interpersonal dispositions and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of various DMBS systems including NoSQL architectures and design principles.
- Experience in Cassandra NoSQL a plus
The candidate must be able to communicate with others in a simple, clear, and understandable manner. Must also have the ability to read and interpret all forms of communication. The ability to write reports for management and professional correspondence, as well as to speak effectively before peers, management, customers, and other associates of the organization is required.
The candidate must effectively plan and execute unusual and difficult work. Takes initiative and is decisive and quick, when appropriate. All while adhering to the team’s standards and patterns and practices. Must have the ability to solve practical and impractical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Deals constructively with conflict and disagreement.
Top Stories Past 30 Days