Foot Locker: Sr Manager Platform Engineering
Seeking a candidate to lead a team of 6-8 platform engineers responsible for platform operations, DevOps, and delivery of our data products. This is a unique opportunity to lead a big data platform, best practices and data governance across multiple industry leading sneaker brands.
At: Foot Locker
Location: Bradenton, FL
Position: Sr Manager Platform Enngineering
The Sr. Manager – Platform Engineering leads architecture and implementation of analytics technology for FootLocker websites, mobile applications, and partner integrations. This is a big data platform consisting of a cloud based data lake, real time streaming and activation of personalized content across our various distribution channels.
The Sr. Manager leads a team of 6-8 platform engineers responsible for platform operations, DevOps, and delivery of our data products. This is a unique opportunity to lead a big data platform, best practices and data governance across multiple industry leading sneaker brands.
- Own the operation of our Big Data platform and ensure as close to 100% uptime as possible
- Hadoop Platform and/or Azure cloud experience around Big Data technologies and frameworks
- Knowledge of common ingestion patterns and how to utilize real-time, stream based processing
- Drive the teams execution towards our roadmap items via Agile
- Handle the role of Product Owner for our Platform Engineering team
- Mentor and enable our current associates to thrive in our organization
- Demonstrate ownership of data integrity; Ensure that it supports the analyses and recommendations being proposed
- Provide guidance for data integrity issues, ongoing maintenance, and data governance for digital data.
- Monitor and report data security compliance.
- Maintain detailed documentation of data collection methods and dependencies
- Work with key stakeholders to integrate analytics requirements, and updates into production cycles
- Solid knowledge of the SDLC and enforcement of standard software development practices
- Architect and implement site personalization to meet data collection and reporting needs using Adobe Target
- Conduct audits and troubleshoot tracking gaps to maintain data confidence and implement data standardization practices
- Support a data-driven culture by educating the organization on everyday uses of data as a resource
- Work with our Data Science / Product organization in helping achieve our product goals
The Sr. Manager – Analytics Development will have direct supervisory responsibilities for 6-8 Analytics Developers.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Four-year degree required. Emphasis in Computer Science, Business Administration, Statistics, Information Science, Web Analytics or related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience leading Big Data / Hadoop / Data Ingestion based teams
- 3+ years of experience leading a Shared Services / Platform organization, client-first mentality, collaborative and helpful attitude
- Expert knowledge of data warehousing concepts, data schemas, etc.
- Proven knowledge of web standards and cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Extensive experience working with a Data Science / Product organization group and enabling them to deliver at a fast pace
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously while successfully meeting established goals and deadlines; manage work in a fast-paced, and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Understanding of online measurement and analytics, with the ability to provide meaningful and actionable insights and analysis.
- Proven history of self-direction, creativity, and ability to meet deadlines.
- High level of attention to detail, quality, and effective verbal and written communication skills along with excellent follow-through
- Team leadership experience required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Four-year degree required. Emphasis in Computer Science, Business Administration, Statistics, Information Science, Web Analytics or related field preferred
The candidate must be able to communicate with others in a simple, clear, and understandable manner. Must also have the ability to read and interpret all forms of communication. The ability to write reports for management and professional correspondence, as well as to speak effectively before peers, management, customers, and other associates of the organization is required.
The candidate must effectively plan and execute unusual and difficult work. Takes initiative and is decisive and quick, when appropriate, all while adhering to the team’s standards and patterns and practices. Must have the ability to solve complex problems and deal with ambiguity where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Deals constructively with conflict and disagreement.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|