Foot Locker: Data Engineer
Seeking a Data Engineer to play a critical role in delivering value to our internal and external customers, and work with top talent to help shape and implement the future of data driven retail experiences leveraging the latest tools for big data.
At: Foot Locker
Location: Wausau, WI, Camp Hill, PA, or Chicago, IL
Position: Data Engineer
The Data Engineer plays a critical role in delivering value to our internal and external customers. Everyday you’ll work with top talent to help shape and implement the future of data driven retail experiences leveraging the latest tools for big data.
- Build web scale data products using tools like Python, HDFS, Hive, HBase, Spark, HD Insights, Restful APIs, NoSQL databases, Kafka, Docker, and/or their Azure equivalents
- Work as part of agile based Journey teams against maturing product roadmaps
- Provide off-hour assistance and support as part of a normal on-call rotation
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or closely related field and 2 years of related work experience
- Experience working on cross functional teams, multitasking and managing time independently with little direction
- Experience working / building Restful APIs, data flows, ETL, and very large datasets