Apple: Commerce Data Scientist – Apple Media Products
Seeking someone with a love for data. This position involves working on very large scale data mining, cleaning, analysis, deep level processing, machine learning or statistic modeling, metrics tracking and evaluation.
Location: Cupertino, CA
Position: Commerce Data Scientist - Apple Media Products
The Apple Media Products Commerce Engineering team has a proud tradition of delivering state of the art products in a competitive marketplace. We seek to maintain a challenging and rewarding environment where the best engineers and scientists can collaborate and produce real-world improvements in customers' online experience. You will solve problems unrivaled in scale and concept in the pursuit of new and creative features.
We seeking a talented, experienced Applied Researcher/Data Scientist to work on high visibility projects that affect millions of customers globally. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are a self-motivated, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we're looking for you.
- Strong Machine Learning and Data Mining background.
- Experience processing large-scale data prototyping, then production-level algorithms.
- Ability to work with incomplete or imperfect data to extract usable information.
- Ability to build and interpret machine learning models of complex, high-dimensional systems.
- Attention to detail, data accuracy and quality of output.
- Experience of high-level programming language for analysis (e.g. Spark, Scala, Python, R, Java)
- Experience with large scale distributed data processing frameworks like Hadoop and Spark
- Highly self-motivated, results driven and data driven. Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Experience in payment science is a plus.
The Apple Media Products Commerce Engineering team is looking for someone with a love for data. This position involves working on very large scale data mining, cleaning, analysis, deep level processing, machine learning or statistic modeling, metrics tracking and evaluation. The goal is to improve Apps Store/iTunes Store payment experience and engagement. You should have a passion for quality and an ability to understand complex systems while being able to iterate quickly on all stages of data understanding and modeling to solve the real-world problems.
- BS in Computer Science or related field. MS preferred.
- Ph.D. in Data Mining, Machine Learning, Statistics, Operations Research or related field preferred
- Conceive and design end to end data mining solutions to support Apple's business units and initiatives.
- Work with business owners to map business requirements into technical solutions.
- Develop and implement data mining solutions to fit business problem, which may include applying algorithms from a standard tool or custom algorithm development.
- Support production data mining solutions.
- Perform ad hoc statistical and data mining analyses.
- Present results of analyses to business units.
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|