G Research: Data Scientist
Seeking a data scientist to help us diversify and extend the capabilities of the Security Data Science team.
At: G Research
Location: London, UK
Position: Data Scientist
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. We use scientific techniques, big data and world-class technology to predict future movements in financial markets, and develop the platform to deploy these ideas globally.
The Security Monitoring, Investigation and Response group in G-Research is responsible for detecting and responding to malicious activity that could negatively impact the organisation. The group is currently building the end-to-end capability required to perform a range of monitoring and response capabilities across the physical, personnel and cyber domains.
The Security Data Science team works closely with our SOC and Security Data Engineering teams to develop our anomaly detection capability.
We are looking for a data scientist to help us diversify and extend the capabilities of the team. Our monitoring and collection platform is in-house, based on open source technology, and designed to support a move to an anomaly driven approach to monitoring. As such the role of the data scientist includes:
- Working with the SOC team to identify cyber security monitoring problems and defining meaningful research questions
- Taking the lead in researching cyber security problems and identifying meaningful, data driven, solutions
- Working with the data engineering team to prototype new models in SPARK which can then be productionised
- Mentoring data science interns or secondees
Comfortable working cooperatively with a range of different teams. In particular, able to build effective relationships with our Security Data Engineering and SOC teams and take on either a project lead or supporting role as the situation requires.
Have an open mind, be willing to explore new technologies and be able to demonstrate a commitment to continuous personal development.
Strong PhD/Master in a numerical subject (Machine Learning, Maths, Stats, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering)
Knowledge of various Machine Learning Algorithms and Basic Statistics
Ability to code in Python with pandas, numpy and scikit-learn.
- Experience working in a cyber-security setting
- Experience working with Spark
Based in the heart of Central London, we are served by 5 stations and 6 tube lines, with the closest station Goodge Street within seconds of the office. With the vibrant West End close by, you are in walking distance of many top London attractions, theatres and shopping districts.
Why should you apply?
- Market-leading compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Top private healthcare
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Pension Scheme
- Relaxed environment with a relaxed informal dress code
Top Stories Past 30 Days